How To Buy
Skip to main content (Press Enter).
Skip auxiliary navigation (Press Enter).
Skip main navigation (Press Enter).
on this day
between these dates
Fibre Channel Networking
Fibre Channel Networking
Fibre Channel Networking
DX Infrastructure Management
Back to Library
Tech Tip: UIM 9.0.2 CABI Dashboards not working in UMP or Operator Console using cabi_external
03-15-2019 07:17 AM
UIM 9.0.2 CABI Dashboards not working in UMP or Operator Console using cabi_external
This document is covering a scenario of a fresh or upgraded UIM environment to v9.0.2 with the CABI integration already in place. If you face issues where the CABI Dashboards via the CABI portlet are failing and / or the CABI dashboards not loading in the new Operator Console UI using the cabi_external probe, please review this document.
Note: When using Jasper Reports Server v6.4.3 only UIM 9.0.2 and cabi_external v3.40 are supported. You cannot use JRS 6.4.3 with UIM 8.5.1 or any earlier releases of the cabi / cabi_external probes.
- UIM v9.0.2
- cabi_external v3.x to v3.40
- ump_cabi v3.x to v3.40 (deployed to the UMP server)
- uim_cabi_health_report_pack v1.31
- uim_core_dashboards_pack v2.43
- uim_unified_report_pack v1.02
- Jasper Report Server v6.3.0 to v6.4.3
Note: You can confirm packages by accessing the controller probe GUI in IM -> Status -> Installed Packages and expanding the packages in question. Here you will find the package versions and build numbers/dates.
1. It's required that you upgrade the environment to 9.0.2 UMP HF2. The release notes and installation guide can be found below, I would suggest reviewing the document before proceeding. The UMP HF2 includes an upgrade installer for the UMP, a new Admin Console package and our latest CABI packages (bundled / external probe, ump_cabi package and the standalone JRS 6.4.3 installer) with additional steps required for CABI. Also added steps if you previous had 9.0.2 UMP HF1 deployed.
UMP HF2 release notes and installation guide:
- UMP 902-HF2 - ZIP1 contains the UMP installers, upgrade the UMP to HF2.
- UMP 902-HF2 - ZIP2 contains CABI, Admin Console package and PostUpgrade-HF1-to-HF2 zip file.
Note: I would recommend taking snapshots of the UIM, UMP, CABI and JRS servers before proceeding.
2. After following the HF2 instructions, clear browser cache and access the UMP -> Unified Dashboards -> CA Business Intelligence -> Summary Dashboard. If the CABI Dashboards work here, they should also work in the Operator Console.
**If the problems still persist after the above, please continue with the below steps**
3. Confirm the UIM Data Source connects successfully.
Access the server where the standalone Jasper Report Server is running.
Open the JRS Web Console (
), default username and password: superuser / superuser.
Home -> Data Sources, View List -> right click, edit on UIM Datasource and confirm the Database details are correct. Update them if required, save the configuration and test the connection.
After confirming the connection is successful to your UIM Database, go back to the JRS Home Page -> Dashboards, View List -> UIM Summary. Confirm the dashboard loads data.
If the UIM Summary still does not load data and the UIM Datasource connects successfully, you will need to review the context.xml file where this information is stored. Go to: \CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\META-INF\context.xml -> Edit (would suggest using notepad++ to edit this file) and confirm the correct information has been saved to the UIM Datasource section. It will look like the below:
<Resource auth="Container" defaultTransactionIsolation="READ_UNCOMMITTED" driverClassName="tibcosoftware.jdbc.sqlserver.SQLServerDriver" factory="com.jaspersoft.jasperserver.tomcat.jndi.JSCommonsBasicDataSourceFactory" maxActive="100" maxIdle="30" maxWait="10000" name="jdbc/uim" password="ENC-7b1bf9d94856d095b4428fb576bb85629a4ddfccf16e8f1e1e4160cc36bc47d9-" type="javax.sql.DataSource" url="jdbc:tibcosoftware:sqlserver://<ip_address_dbserver>:1433;databaseName=CA_UIM" username="sa"/>
Make changes to this if required, before doing so stop the cabusinessintellignecetomcat service, make the required changes (remove the encrypted password and enter your database server password in plain text), save the changes and then restart the cabusinessintellignecetomcat service. Now retest if the UIM Summary loads data in the JRS Web Console.
If the Dashboards still do NOT load data in the JRS Web Console after the above actions (ensuring you have followed the required steps of setting java home variables and running the uim cabi overlay jar file which enables the communication between JRS <-> UIM Database) raise a ticket with support.
4. Now you've confirmed the UIM Datasource connects successfully and the CABI Dashboards load data in the JRS Web Console, we will need to confirm if the Dashboards work in the UMP and Operator Console.
Access the server where the UMP is running.
Go to the UMP Console (use the administrator account) -> Unified Dashboards -> CA Business Intelligence -> Summary Dashboards. Confirm if it works, if so please go to the Operator Console and confirm if it also works there.
If the Dashboards appear to continue spinning forever, within the CABI portlet select Options (tool icon) -> Preferences. Confirm that the "CABI URL (full)" contains the correct JRS URL if it does not, this means the portlet cannot find the cabi_external probe. Take a copy of the cabi_external probe address (/domain/hub/robot/cabi_external). Open the UMP wasp in Raw Configure -> setup -> add a new key called "cabi_external" and add the probe address as the value "/domain/hub/robot/cabi_external" save changes and the UMP wasp will restart. Clear browser cache and now check if the CABI URL (full) is populated.
In the portlet preferences are you able to select the "Dashboard Path = CABI Welcome" drop down? If so please select the UIM Summary, Save and Return to Full Page.
5. If the CABI portlet preferences displays the correct CABI URL (full) but does not load, we will need to check if the java keystore between the cabi_external probe and Jasper Report Server are out of sync.
Access the server where the cabi_external probe is running, go to Nimsoft\probes\service\cabi_external\keystore and create a copy of the uim.jks and uim.properties files. Transfer them to the server where the Jasper Reports Server is running.
On the JRS server go to: \CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\config (If the config folder does not exist create it). If the config folder does exist and contains the keystore files, rename them and add the uim.jks and uim.properties files from the cabi_external server.
Restart the cabusinessintellignecetomcat service, login to the JRS Webconsole and confirm the CABI Dashboards still work.
Restart the robot where the cabi_external probe is running, login to the UMP Console and confirm if the CABI Dashboards now work.
**If the problems still persist after the above, please raise a support ticket with the below information attached**
- Summary of the problem.
- UIM version
- cabi_external version
- ump_cabi version (deployed to the UMP server)
- uim_cabi_health_report_pack version
- uim_core_dashboards_pack version
- uim_unified_report_pack version
- Jasper Report Server version
- UIM Database details (O/S and version)
We will need to review the below files:
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\META-INF\context.xml
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\logs\jasperserver.log
- CA\SC\CA Business Intelligence\apache-tomcat\webapps\jasperserver-pro\WEB-INF\logs\jasperserver.log.1
- Screen shot of problem IE: detail alarm screen shot or screen shot of problem error.
Note: If possible access the dashboard where it is failing (UMP or JRS), open the browser developer tools, select web console or console, reload the dashboard and attach a screenshot if any errors are displayed in the console tab.
After any changes in the JRS or Web Console, it is recommend that you retest the scenario after clearing the browser cache from all time or use a private browsing window.
It is not supported to run a nimsoft robot on the server where the standalone Jasper Report Server instance is running. If you require monitoring of this server, please review remote probe options (RSP probe etc)
If your UMP wasp is configured to use HTTPS, the Jasper Report Server must also be configured to use HTTPS.
Process of installing external CABI in UIM (Document ID : KB000115955) -
CABI Technical Document Index (CA Business Intelligence for CA UIM) (Document ID : KB000107623) -
Document ID :
UIM 9.0.2 CABI Dashboards not working in UMP or Op - CA Knowledge
Tags and Keywords
Related Entries and Links
No Related Resource entered.
How To Buy
Copyright © 2005-2019 Broadcom. All Rights Reserved. The term "Broadcom" refers to Broadcom Inc. and/or its subsidiaries.
Hosted by Higher Logic, LLC on the behalf of Broadcom -
Supply Chain Transparency
Copyright 2019. All rights reserved.
Powered by Higher Logic