This KB Article should enable you to recover from snmpcollector database corruption issues not only when it occurs post-upgrade but for most scenarios.
snmpcollector not starting after install/upgrade
Error in snmpcollector.log shows:
Feb 01 10:42:44:718 [SnmpCollectorMainExecution, snmpcollector] Exception thrown initializing database: Connections could not be acquired from the underlying database!
Feb 01 10:42:44:719 [SnmpCollectorMainExecution, snmpcollector] stderr: Exception in thread "SnmpCollectorMainExecution"
Feb 01 10:42:44:720 [SnmpCollectorMainExecution, snmpcollector] stderr: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Could not initialize class com.nimsoft.probes.network.snmpcollector.database.PMF
- UIM 8.5.1
- snmpcollector 3.43 or 3.44
This issue appears to be caused by a corruption of one or more of the snmpcollector.mv.* files.
Perform the following steps:
1. Deactivate snmpcollector (using the web-based admin console)
2. Move the following files out of the snmpcollector probe directory:
- all snmpcollector.mv.* files
Note that if you made any changes to the User defined property 1 fields of ifSpeeds, this info will be lost. Note also that by deleting the snmpcollector.mv.db file, you will lose anything that was manually added, e.g., profiles were not pulled in through the discovery_server as well as any/all "User defined property 1" values you added at the device and component level.
3. Activate the snmpcollector probe, (using the web-based admin console)
4. Query the discovery_server for the devices to monitor. Note that you may have to delete and re-enter the discovery_server info in the Discovery Filter before you rediscover all of your profiles. If profiles were manually added before, they will have to be manually added again.
5. snmpcollector should be working as expected now and respond properly to a restart or cold start. Check the logs after completing the above steps.
Admin console for probe SNMPCollector not able to open
Via Raw Configure in the snmpcollector probe, under the setup section add the key:
DB_SERVER_MODE = true
Providing information to CA UIM Support
- If you have backups of the snmpcollector files before the upgrade and currently (where it is corrupted), we can provide them to development to try and find out why the install/upgrade is corrupting the file(s), so please attach the snmpcollector.mv* files to the support case if you opened one.