Beta Program Invitation
CA Technologies Capacity Management
UMP Based Capacity Dashboards 2.91
July 15th, 2015
CA Technologies Capacity Management Customers
The CA Technologies Capacity Management Team
UMP Based Capacity Dashboards - Invitation to Participate in Beta Program
You are invited to participate in the Beta program for our UMP (Unified Management Portal) Based Capacity Dashboards. The program provides a complete, fully supported product to gather feedback from our most trusted customers, before we market it to the general public. It grants you early access to the value unleashed by the new dashboard functionality while offering a honest opinion about what areas we should focus on for the next release.
Please join us for the Kick-Off call of this program July 16th 2015 at noon EST. Please join the WebEx meeting using this link. Presentation will be recorded and made available for your review.
What is New?
The new dashboards provide enhanced, interactive, easy-to-use, and highly customizable Capacity Reports through CA Technologies Unified Infrastructure Management (CA UIM, formerly Nimsoft) UMP Dashboarding capability. Over time, this new platform will replace our current Current Capacity Reporter application.
The out of the box dashboards will enable you to model your capacity growth and to cover the most common capacity analysis use cases. You can also design reports that are specific for your environment in an easy to use, WYSIWYG, drag-and-drop dashboard editor. The CA UIM platform also provides better user access control, Active Directory and LDAP integration, extensibility and integration with other IT management products, and a mobile friendly HTML 5 reporting architecture.
Additionally, the UMP Based Capacity Dashboards expose important functionality in a user friendly way, including:
- Regression Analytics - Pre-calculates the most commonly used metrics for faster reporting.
- Business Hour Window Reporting - Shows capacity calculations based on the most critical business hours rather than on the full data set.
- Storage Reporting - Provides storage system utilization reporting and projections for the EMC vmax and clariion metrics.
Expectations and TimelineWe expect feedback from participants. Upon acceptance of this invitation, someone from our team will contact you to provide guidance.
Please read our Getting Started documentation attached to this e-mail. You will also receive, from our product management and product marketing teams, a small questionnaire to provide feedback about our new dashboards.
- Beta Kick-off: July 15 2015
- Beta Ends: August 14 2015
- GA: CY Q3 2015
We look forward to the opportunity to work with you in this Beta, and to receive valuable feedback that will increase the product value and the satisfaction we can provide to our customers.
|Getting StartedCA Technologies Capacity ManagementUMP-Based Capacity Dashboards 2.91|
Following is information you need to know for installing, uploading and using the dashboards:
- CA UIM 8.3 system with the Unified Management Portal (UMP) installed and properly configured.
- Dual core, 8 GB RAM, 100 GB space System
- Oracle, MY-SQL or MS-SQL database.
- Windows or Linux Red Hat Based.
- CCC/VPM 2.9 with hotfix
Installation Instructions and User Documentation
- Capacity Modeling Dashboard presentation by Kip Lamb (communities video).
Create Capacity Planning Dashboards Within The Unified Management Portal (UMP) by Kevin Meehan (YouTube).
- Installation Walkthrough and Beta Kickstart ( webex video )