Rally Software

View Only
  • 1.  bulk add defects to a defect suite

Posted Oct 08, 2020 09:17 AM
    I have approximately 30 defects I want to put into a defect suite. The defects already exist. When I use the Link to Existing option from the Defect Suite, it is laborious. Find the defect, select it, then click okay, at which point the dialog box closes and I have to open it again to find the next one.

Why can't we bulk edit a bunch of defects from the backlog, or any view, and add the defect suite. You can add iterations, parents, releases, and other similar attributes as bulk edit, seems silly that defect suites aren't handled this way.

• 2.  RE: bulk add defects to a defect suite

Posted Oct 14, 2020 10:39 AM
    UPDATE: I was able to overcome the issue with using the Link to Existing option and got all the Defects added to the Defect Suite. However, I still would like to be able to bulk add from the backlog. Seems like a no brainer.

• 3.  RE: bulk add defects to a defect suite

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Karen, did u was able to relink all 30 defect's as bulk link or edit to link to Defect suite. i have case where someone unintentionaly deleted defect suite, but when restored lost linked defects appr 250 and now i have to linked it manually all.. is there any bulk edit option.. it would be really helpfull. 

• 4.  RE: bulk add defects to a defect suite

Posted 12 days ago

Aravind,

I really don't remember what I was trying to do at the time or why it was so difficult. But it does look like the Link Existing shows all defects in your backlog. You'll need to find them and then they can be linked back to the defect suite. Looks like you still can't select defects from a view (such as the Backlog or Defects) and edit the Defect Suite that way (which is probably what I was suggesting in 2020).

------------------------------
    [JobTitle]
    [CompanyName]
    ------------------------------