Automic Workload Automation

View Only
  • 1.  Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 12 days ago

Hi Team

Customer have requirement to promote objects from non-prod environment to production environment.

Currently they use the normal manual export/import functions. Looking for a automated process.

The environments are 2 separate systems.

I have done some work to promote objects between clients in the non-prod environment (DEV, TST, PPE) using the transport case unload & load functionality.

Any ideas will be welcomed.

Thanks

Klaus

• 2.  RE: Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 10 days ago

Hi @Klaus Lintz,

I use 3 jobs in a workflow to do this (not the most efficient way, but works for us ;))

Workflow: Accepts folder path of the object and the destination environment PHRASE & Client number through a prompt

Job 1: Runs a java api program with the folder path as parameter --> This will put all the objects inside the specified folder to transport case.

Job2: Runs ucybdbun on the source AE and put the .txt file in a network share.

Job3: Runs ucybdbld on the destination AE server (server is selected based on the phrase) and loads the transport file to the appropriate client.

• 3.  RE: Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 9 days ago
    Edited by Bernhard Flegel 9 days ago

Hallo Klaus,

we use the following method (simplified process):

1. TESTSYSTEM: We write the objectnames we want to transfer in a vara -> for example with a script via UC_SENDTO

2. TESTSYSTEM: We start a workflow which will read the vara and export the objects via ":SET &RET# = EXPORT(&OBJECT#,&FILE#)". Then the workflow transfers these objects to the prod-server in a specified folder

3. PRODSYSTEM: There is an event running which will check the folder every minute. If the folder contains objects -> start an import-workflow

I don't recommend mass transport, but for less objects at one time it is ok.

Regards
    Bernhard

• 4.  RE: Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 9 days ago

Hi

Both ideas are great.

Is there a possibility to sent me an export.

klaus.lintz@caafrica.co.za

Regards

Klaus

• 5.  RE: Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 9 days ago

Please share any exports here.  It would be nice to take a look at what ithers are doing.

• 6.  RE: Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 5 days ago
      |   view attached

Hello Klaus,

in this archive are the objects for a transfer of objects from test- to prod-system. I think the workflows will not work on your system for differnt settings, missing includes etc., but maybe gives you a hint how to realize a transfer.

Remarks:

- The objects are exported on V21.0.3
    - We transfer only objects, not folders
    - Our departments are called "T01", "T02" , etc. I use the dept at the import-script

Regards

Bernhard

Attachment(s)

zip
    transfer_test2prod.zip   12 KB 1 version

• 7.  RE: Export/Import objects - 2 different environments

Posted 13 hours ago
      |   view attached

Attached the xml just to give you an idea of it, as I have not included the resource.

Attachment(s)

xml
    export.xml   27 KB 1 version