DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Introscope error when synchronizing monitors in CEM

Posted Nov 13, 2012 02:24 PM
    When I try to synchronize monitors in CEM it gives an error about sending the xml file to the Introscope collector. I found the following error in the MOM log file:

11/13/12 02:01:15 PM EST [ERROR] [Manager.CEMDefinitionHandler] Unable to send domain configuration xml file to the collector Enterprise Manager
    11/13/12 02:01:15 PM EST [ERROR] [Manager.CEMDefinitionHandler] ICEMDefinitionManager service not found
    com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.ServiceNotFoundException: Invalid Registry Path Exception
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceFactory.internalGetServiceInterface(MessageServiceFactory.java:291)
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceFactory.getService(MessageServiceFactory.java:132)
    at com.wily.introscope.ext.em.cemdefinitionhandler.impl.ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.sendDomainConfigFileToConnectedCollectors(ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.java:223)
    at com.wily.introscope.ext.em.cemdefinitionhandler.impl.ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.sendDomainConfigFileToConnectedCollectors(ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.java:198)
    at com.wily.introscope.ext.em.cemdefinitionhandler.impl.ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.sendDomainConfigFile(ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.java:148)
    at com.wily.introscope.ext.em.cemdefinitionhandler.impl.ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.sendDomainConfigFile(ClusteredCEMDefinitionManager.java:108)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
    at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
    at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:592)
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.MethodCallUtilities.callInterface(MethodCallUtilities.java:75)
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.MethodCallUtilities.callInterface(MethodCallUtilities.java:29)
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageService.attemptMethodCall(MessageService.java:182)
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageService.handleMethodCallMessage(MessageService.java:134)
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageService.receiveMessage(MessageService.java:160)
    at com.wily.isengard.postoffice.Mailbox.handleMessage(Mailbox.java:252)
    at com.wily.isengard.postoffice.PostOffice.deliverInternal(PostOffice.java:450)
    at com.wily.isengard.postoffice.PostOffice.access$1(PostOffice.java:422)
    at com.wily.isengard.postoffice.PostOffice$DeliveryItem.run(PostOffice.java:726)
    at com.wily.EDU.oswego.cs.dl.util.concurrent.PooledExecutor$Worker.run(PooledExecutor.java:728)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
    Caused by: com.wily.isengard.util.tree.EntryNotFoundException for entry: /service/com.wily.introscope.ext.em.cemdefinitionhandler.spec.ICEMDefinitionManager
    at com.wily.isengard.messageprimitives.service.MessageServiceFactory.internalGetServiceInterface(MessageServiceFactory.java:292)
    ... 20 more

Any ideas here? I tried to open a ticket but apparently the ticketing system is to smart for me. I chose APM and it won't let me save it because version is a required field, however there's nothing in the drop down and I can't type anything in so I can't fill out the field.

Thanks,
    Richard

• 2.  RE: Introscope error when synchronizing monitors in CEM
    Best Answer

Posted May 08, 2013 04:49 AM
    Having the same issue, from playing around a bit it is either a weird coincidence or it's related to the number of metrics coming in to the TIM. When we increase the number of metrics and restart the TIM it connects and runs for awhile then connection errors occur.

Have noticed the error changes, sometimes it's the Setdomain*.xml or settime or another, but the setdomain and setime are the 2 most common occurring.

Is this similar to your issue? and do you see these errors too?

May 8, 2013 10:07:43 AM SAST
    Enterprise Manager cannot reach TIM
    Communications
    Enterprise Manager
    10.*.*.*
    Error retrieving http://10.*.*.* wily/cem/tim/mod_python/timfiles/initBTstats?beforeDate=1368000097: Read timed out

May 8, 2013 10:46:26 AM SAST
    Limit exceeded adding new components
    Processing
    Enterprise Manager
    10.*.*.*
    Limit exceeded adding new components to

Will be logging a call with CA about this, will update you with any feedback they have.