Clarity

• 1.  Action Item with different URL

Posted Jul 09, 2012 12:47 PM
    Hi,
    In my Clarity I have two URLs: one SSO and one non SSO.

Some users are using the SSO URL and others the non SSO, on depends by the company.

So All the action item URL generated in the custom process are pointing to the non SSO link.

Is there a way to change that? If yes, will it be a global change?
    IT's possible change the URL on depends the user destination? like if users SSO sender the action item with the URL SSO otherwise URL no SSO.

Let me Know
    GDL

• 2.  RE: Action Item with different URL

Posted Jul 17, 2012 08:17 PM
    Hi All,

Any ideas here for GDL?

Thanks!
    Chris

• 3.  RE: Action Item with different URL

Posted Oct 08, 2012 05:31 AM
    Any idea????

• 4.  RE: Action Item with different URL
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 08, 2012 05:44 AM
    I would assume that the URL is picked up by whatever "thing" is generating the action item.

So if your AI is generated by a APP service, then it will pick up the URL as defined in the NSA covering that APP service (i.e. SSO with pick up the SSO URL, non-SSO will pick up the non-SSO URL, assuming your setup is defined correctly in the NSA).

For AIs generated by a process, then it will depend upon which BG service has created the AI - if the BG is only running on the (eg) SSO setup, then I would assume you will only get SSO links in your AIs.

--

Not sure that there is going to be a simple solution for you then, as I don't think you can easily control which BG a process will run upon?

• 5.  RE: Action Item with different URL

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 12, 2012 06:49 PM
    Dave is exactly right.

Action items/emails pick up the url from the http or https entry url in the CSA/NSA.

However, the bg or bgs are not attached to a particular app instances. And, any emails/action items generated by the bg will pick up the entry url from an app instance on that server. Let's say you have your SSO app instance on one server and your non-SSO app instance on a second server. In addition, you have a bg on each server. No matter which server the user is on when they schedule a job or do something that launches a process, we have no way of knowing in advance which bg that process will be sent to. So, either entry url could be used in the action item/email.

Clarity cannot do what you want it to currently.

Jeanne