Clarity

• 1.  Investment Allocation Job

Posted Sep 16, 2010 01:25 PM
    I have done some research on this job but don't have a clear understanding of what this job does (in plain English) and how it affects the data in the system.

Does anyone understand the job that can provide an explanation of what it does.

• 2.  RE: Investment Allocation Job
    Best Answer

Posted Sep 16, 2010 01:42 PM
    Investment Allocation Job updates the data for the following "staffing allocation" fields on the Investment Object:

1. ETC Sum for Labor Resources The total ETC (estimate to complete) of all resources allocated to the investment.
    2. EAC Sum for Labor Resources The total EAC (estimate at complete) of all resources allocated to the investment.
    3. Actuals Sum for Labor Resources The total posted actuals of all resources allocated to the investment.

In addition, each of these values is also stored in a time-sliced field to be used in a TSV Column:

1. ETC for Labor Resources
    2. EAC for Labor Resources
    3. Actuals for Labor Resources

These fields are used by the investment hierarchy to show allocation related costs and they are available to display on investment-based portlets.

The ETC Sum for Labor Resources and EAC Sum for Labor Resources are calculated and updated by changes made on the Team pages when resources are added or removed from the investments team, or when a resources team record is modified to change its default allocation % rate, or add or remove an allocation segment.

The Actuals Sum for Labor Resources value is calculated and updated when tracked time is posted against the investment by the timesheet posting operation.

This job should be scheduled as frequently as you need it to ensure that updates from the Team Assignments pass into the attributes identified above when the job executes successfully. This job should be set as incompatible to the timeslicing job as well as the timesheet posting job to avoid performance issues.

Hope that helps!
    --Kathy

• 3.  RE: Investment Allocation Job

Posted Sep 16, 2010 06:55 PM
    Thanks Kathy! I am marking this one as resolved unless I hear otherwise.

Chris

• 4.  RE: Investment Allocation Job

Posted Sep 17, 2010 02:42 AM
    Yes, thanks Kathy, there should details for every job at that level.

One more question.

I'd like to run the job every 10 minutes, but the job takes 25 minutes.
    Should I settle for every 30 minutes or would 60 minutes be even better, but still keep the data up to date enough?

Martti K.

• 5.  RE: Investment Allocation Job

Posted Sep 17, 2010 12:48 PM
    Hi Martti,

I agree... wish we had this info for every job. There are ERQ's (enhancement requests) open currently asking to provide this. To answer your question though, if this job takes at least 25min to run everytime, then you be better off running it every 30min. Even if it overlaps a bit as long as this job is set as "incompatible" to itself, Clarity will never try and run another instance while one is already running.

--Kathy

• 6.  RE: Investment Allocation Job

Posted Dec 15, 2011 11:08 PM
    Hi Kathy

We are facing an issue.

The jobs - "Investment allocation" and "Update Hierarchy Data" ran last night, but the Actual Cost is still not updated.

Is there any other job that we need to run to update that value ?

A quick response would be much appreciated.

Thanks
    NJ