CA Service Management

• 1.  URL Mapping Issue in CA SDM 12.6

Posted Dec 20, 2018 01:01 AM

We are facing issue in URL mapping in DR Drill. Issue occurs when we change DNS entries. After changing DNS entries it shows the login MAIN Page where i put my User Name and Password but after logging in it fails to shows me anything and display error "Page cannot be displayed". Is there anything that after logging in Service Desk it redirects the page to new URL and may be that URL is not Mapped to that page in back end that's why it shows error or may be after logging in it could not be able to map DNS entries with URL .

What to do ? how to map the DNS entry with after logging in with the URL?

• 2.  Re: URL Mapping Issue in CA SDM 12.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 20, 2018 03:26 AM

Hi Bakhtawar,

First of all check if the default SDM url is working and you are able to connect to the login page with your credentials. when you provided the entries in the DNS, does it bring you to the original SDM page for login?

Note: The original URL should be the url that was used in your web_cgi_url (Options  Manager - Notifications Parameter) value.

You may want to refer to this communities thread for similar case: https://communities.ca.com/thread/241693717

• 3.  Re: URL Mapping Issue in CA SDM 12.6

Posted Dec 20, 2018 04:11 AM

Yeah i check the default SDM url it works fine meaning when i changed the DNS entries it show me the same login page and after i logged in it shows me " Page cannot be displayed" it couldn't map my URL with DNS entry after login page.

• 4.  Re: URL Mapping Issue in CA SDM 12.6

Posted Dec 20, 2018 04:22 AM

what changes do we require in nx.env file ?

• 5.  Re: URL Mapping Issue in CA SDM 12.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 03, 2019 11:12 AM

bakhtawar......

Do you still require assistance on this topic/thread?

Have you tried using Fiddler, Wireshark or even a Chrome Browser Console to get an idea on what URL browser is requesting that results in the page can't be displayed message?

• 6.  Re: URL Mapping Issue in CA SDM 12.6

Posted Jan 04, 2019 12:14 AM

I haven't tried fiddler and wire shark but i tried chrome browser but still page doesn't open.

How to check it on fiddler?