Endevor

Expand all | Collapse all

Farewell To Endevor

Angelica7

Angelica7Jan 22, 2019 04:47 PM

• 1.  Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 10:26 AM

After forty (40) years with my company and twenty-eight (28) years working with and administering Endevor, I've decided to retire.  My last day in the office will be January 24, 2019.   FAREWELL.

Beginning with Endevor 3.0 in 1990 and a company named Business Software Technology (BST), I guided my company through the implementation of our first real software / change management system.  Through the acquisition of Endevor by Legent and then Computer Associates, I've been a strong advocate of Endevor.  From the early 90s' until most of the first decade of this century, I've served the community in various leadership roles in the Regional Endevor User Groups, development and support of the I-NUGE web site, and on the CA World Conference Committees.  It has truly been an honor to serve the Endevor community in these roles and I hope that I've made a difference. 

I'd like to thank all of great people in the Endevor community and at CA who assisted and helped me to be the best I could be to the community.

Best Wishes and Good Luck to ALL in all your Endevors (pun intended). 

• 2.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 10:37 AM

James,

It has been a pleasure working with you and knowing you for all these years!

My best wishes to you in your retirement.

I'm extremely jealous!

Bernie Beriau

Principal Software Engineer

CA Technologies Endevor SCM Administrator

Broadcom Inc.

bernie.beriau@broadcom.com

+1.508.628.8028 - Office

+1.508.472.3286 - Mobile

On Tue, Jan 22, 2019 at 10:27 AM JamesBorders <

• 3.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 10:58 AM

Hi James, I'll always remember how welcome you made me feel when I first joined I-NUGE.  We had so much fun at several CA World events over the years and at the same time we all learned so much from you!  The I-NUGE members back then were a true family, thanks to your leadership.  Your participation at CARE was amazing, what an awesome job you did with the CA Employee Recognition Program.  The I-NUGE website was an outstanding Endevor, DAR, Shareware, CA WORLD resource back in it's heyday.  Thanks for creating and supporting the I-NUGE website.  Your leadership in the Endevor community will be very much missed.  Thanks James for all your contributions to the Endevor community over several decades, truly outstanding work!  I wish you well James!  Sincerely, Phil Gineo

• 4.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Community Manager
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:34 PM

James,

Congratulations on your retirement. Good luck and I hope you enjoy it -- and don't miss us too much!

• 5.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:36 PM

Hi James - thanks again for all your help and support for Endevor over the years - your leadership and passion in the Endevor community will be missed.  Enjoy your well earned retirement and keep in touch!

• 6.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:42 PM

Congratulations James.  I hope retirement is everything you want it to be.

Felicity.

• 7.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:44 PM

James, although we have not had any direct working relationship, I do very much appreciate the effort you did for our Southeast Harvest/Endevor user group. Best wishes on your retirement.

Chris Sagar / Harvest Admin / another regional bank.

• 8.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:51 PM

James, it's always been a pleasure working with you. It's a happy and sad time. You will be missed.

Enjoy your well earned retirement .

• 9.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 02:53 PM

One of my notable Endevor User Group memories is the conference call with I-Nuge and James was on the call in the middle of a HURRICANE!    James, you have always been a whirlwind and I hope you have many wonderful adventures in your retirement.      Kelly Johnston, Ontario Ministry of Health, Ottawa Endevor User Group

• 10.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:00 PM

James.  It has been a pleasure working with you these 28 years.  I hope you will enjoy retirement.  Warm it up for me as I plan on retiring sometime this year as well!

Cheryl Peterson

NewEngland User's group of Endevor!

• 11.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:01 PM

Hi James, 

Enjoy your retirement. It was a pleasure to meet you at CA World and it was always a pleasure to speak to you when you called Endevor Tech Support. 

Best Wishes,

Ellen M. Feeley
    Supervisor, R&D Software

|45 Network Dr. | Burlington, MA 01803

Office: +1 508-628-8082 | Mobile: +1 508 781 3088 | Ellen.Feeley@broadcom.com

• 12.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:24 PM

Best of luck James, it was great getting to know and work with you!

Art Richards

Principal Software Engineer - Endevor

• 13.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:28 PM

Farewell, James!

We converted to Endevor in 1990 at McDonnell Douglas during our 5-year move to CA.  I'm now working for Broadcom nearly thirty years later with what used to be CA Endevor presales.  It's a wonder we've not met.  Good luck!!!

• 14.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:30 PM

Congratulation James! I remember meeting you at a site visit to Regions many years ago, and your name came up often at CA when discussing user groups, technical leaders, and passionate customers.

Thanks for all your contributions to the Endevor community and best wishes for a happy and healthy retirement!

You've earned it!

Tammy Faucher

• 15.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:36 PM

Congratulations, James! Very happy to hear of your retirement and I wish you many happy days enjoying it and your family. I'm also sorry to hear it as I and my new team work with Regions and I might occasionally be traveling down that way! Maybe we can still catch up and I can buy you a cup of coffee. Enjoy!

• 16.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 03:48 PM

You are one-in-a-million James!   Sincere thanks for all - and there are many! - of your contributions to the community and the product  itself (much of which was achieved on your own time).  I wish you and your family all the best life has to offer.  You will absolutely be missed.  Congratulations and ENJOY!  P.S.  Perhaps there is an "Endevor Alumni" group just waiting to be formed.... hint, hint....

• 17.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 04:28 PM

But things are just getting interesting, James! You can't retire NOW!  

Seriously, though, all the best to you and enjoy your retirement! 

• 18.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 04:47 PM

Congratulations on your retirement, James. 

• 19.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 22, 2019 06:38 PM

Wishing you the BEST in your "new job" - -  retirement!  How exciting.  Congratulations on a long and successful career! You will be missed.

• 20.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 22, 2019 08:08 PM

Hey James.... CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

It's been great catching up with you over the years at the various conferences.

"I've been a strong advocate of Endevor"..... Now that's an understatement!

You did a fantastic job with the INUGE website and the DAR Voting Process.... well before any official offering.

Happy Retirement..... It's time to Enjoy Living!

I'm right behind you.....

Cheers,

Arthur

• 21.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 23, 2019 03:28 AM

Congratulations James, you've been a role model, thought provoker and leader in this space for years.  Maybe Rose, and John are on to something - Alumni?  You will be missed, but always welcome back!

Now it's time to focus on the important things, don't take your eye off that ball!

Ciao!

Eoin

• 22.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 23, 2019 07:21 AM

Wow James - Congratulations !! , you have done so much for our community, specially a great role model, support and sharing the knowledge ,,, what's a great momories on I-NUGE, SUGE, DAR Master and many more. Now It's a time to enjoy living and traveling !! wish you well.

Sheers,

Jam

• 23.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Posted Jan 23, 2019 11:06 AM

Congratulations James! I hope you have a fun filled retirement planned. As the commenters have mentioned, you have been a large part of making this Endevor community welcoming and informative. Your contributions are many! INUGE was my 'go to' for questions for many years.  I wish you and yours many years of happiness and peace . . . Remember to keep dancing. CA-World will not be the same without you.

• 24.  Re: Farewell To Endevor

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 29, 2019 04:34 AM

Hi James,

It has been a pleasure working with and for you.

I have appreciated the positive support for Endevor you demonstrated all these years.

My best wishes to you in your retirement.

Ollivier