CA Service Management

• 1.  Request specific status

Posted May 16, 2019 10:32 AM

Hi Team,

is it possibel to define a specific status for a request after it is submitted?

Normally after the submit of a new request, the status is: <st_200>Submitted</st_200>

But for one special request I need a different custom status: <st_300>custom_submit_status</st_300>   

I know, that this can be done with a PAM Prozess triggerd by an Event, but I wonder if there is another way to do this?

Thanks and best regards,

Markus

• 2.  Re: Request specific status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 01:50 AM

Good Morning Markus.

Perhaps the below information could be of help? As a starting point?

Modify the Request Status List
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/17-2/en/building/building-ca-service-catalog/modify-the-request-status-list

Kind regards, Louis.

• 3.  Re: Request specific status

Posted May 17, 2019 03:14 AM

Hi Louis,

thanks for you comment, unfortunately this doesn't answer my question. I know how to edit the requestshared to add new status, but I don't know if it is possible to configure it in a way, that one specific request has only the one custom status after it was subitted and all other requsts show the default status. May be I don't know enough obout this configuration.

Cheers,

Markus

• 4.  Re: Request specific status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 04:20 AM

Good Morning Markus.

Sorry, however I do not know how to implementing what you are asking for, either.

Perhaps 'other' community member(s) can help you further.

Or you could decide to check for possible CA Services assistance.

Kind regards, Louis.

• 5.  Re: Request specific status
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 17, 2019 07:05 AM

Unfortunately, the only way I can think to do it is that Markus has already suggested - trigger PAM with an event-rule-action to move the status to the required one.

Iain