Layer7 Privileged Access Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Posted 04-02-2019 04:50 AM

Product: CA PAM 3.2.4

Issue: Secondary node keep getting out-of-sync for no apparent reason. I'll provide more information if there's anyone who can help me solve this issue. Thank you.

• 2.  Re: Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Posted 04-03-2019 03:59 AM

Hi, We have similar problem whith cluster in Version 3.2.4. (Already opened a case)
    Records like this in cluster logs:
    "PAM-CM-0451: ServerReachabilityMonitor.run Server '***.***.***.***' reachability changed: 443=<removed> (filtered), 3306=<removed> (filtered), 5900=<removed> "
    Finally at any time, we don´t know , the cluster gets down.

As a work around, CA technologies Techinician has change the next parameter : Configuration/Clustering/tuning/Max number of...from 10000 to 20000
    But still going down sudenly.

I´ll tell you all if it gets solved

• 3.  Re: Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Posted 04-03-2019 09:40 PM

In my case, i have 3 nodes on three different sites with one act as primary. I've tried playing around with Cluster tuning with no result, it still getting out-of-sync, either the session manager or credential manager got red cross mark. At that point, resync no longer works, and i have to restart the cluster (which on production).

• 4.  Re: Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync
    Best Answer

Posted 04-03-2019 10:03 AM

Hello, Cluster synchronization problems can have multiple causes and almost always require log review. This cannot be done in the context of a community discussion. Please open a support case and attach system and session logs from all cluster nodes for review.

• 5.  Re: Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Posted 04-03-2019 09:41 PM

I've had also raised this issue to support, they promise me to fix it on version 3.2.4 yet the problem have not go away.

• 6.  Re: Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Posted 04-04-2019 02:54 AM

We are in same situation, they told us in ver.3.2.4 should be solved but it is not true. 

• 7.  Re: Clustering keeps getting out-of-sync

Posted 04-04-2019 10:22 PM

The troublesome part is, there's barely any pattern as to when this behaviour happen and the cluster logs simply too lacking to help me troubleshooting. The most i can do is aside of increasing the replication to 20000, also the connection timeout in each site to 90 sec and the poll freq to 300 sec. That will reduce the interval for out-of-sync in my experience.