Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Posted Jul 31, 2018 07:34 AM

I have seen lot of MQ Virtualization queries. I need urgent help to do MQ Virtualization but don't know how to begin. My requirement is:

• Create MQ Virtual Service - which can give response from live or Virtual service based on changing modes of LISA. Like Image First or Live First.

I need help in how to start creating MQ Virtualization. Which one to use - IBM Native protocol or IBM MQ Deprecated. Which one to use - Request Response or Live recording to achieve this goal. Also need to know steps what information to fill in. 

Kevin.Bowman DevTestUser DevTest Community

• 2.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jul 31, 2018 07:49 AM

Hi,

a good starting point would be our documentation. There is a Getting started tutorial for JMS, but is also applicable to IBM MQ (depending if they use it over JMS or not, you just create different underlying assets). Assets are preferably the JMS ones (or Native), not the Deprecated ones (unless the customer's IBM MQ version explicitly requires that), like

• Direct JMS Connection Factory for IBM MQ
    • Direct JMS 1.0 Queue Connection Factory for IBM MQ
    • Direct JMS 1.0 Topic Connection Factory for IBM MQ

Please have a look here:

Tutorial 3: JMS Virtual Service Using DevTest Workstation - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

IBM MQ Native Send Receive Step - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Steps for Messaging Transport Protocols - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Depending on mode:

IBM MQ Native Assets - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

JMS Client Assets - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

You can change the execution mode ("Like Image First or Live First") of the virtual service via Portal:

Execution Mode - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Posted Aug 01, 2018 05:03 AM

Hi gazma01

Thanks for docs. It gave me good Idea. I have few doubts on creating MQ Virtual service like:

1) In what ways we can create MQ VS. Do we need proxy queues (Request/Response) or Lisa can just pick request form Live_Request_Queue and push Virtual Response to Live_Response_Queue.

2) What is a best way for creating MQ VS if we want live system calling too in some cases.

I would like to have discussion with you to clarify my doubts.

• 4.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 05:34 AM

Hi pranaygupta,

1) That depends. For recording you usually need proxy queues (see Basic Proxy Recording - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation), unless all the operations are done via JMS topics, in that case instead of proxy queues you can use the JMS Topic Recorder - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

2) During recording, you can set the "VSM type" property, that is used then for the playback (deployment of the VS). Please see Live VSM Type - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation.

Also please have another look at Execution Mode - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation . The table at the end explains what protocol supports which execution mode.

Note: If you use "Live" VSM type during recording, live invocation will not be possible during playback time.

I am not sure what you meant by "some cases", but hopefully I answered your question.

Have a nice day!

• 5.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Posted Aug 01, 2018 05:48 AM

Thanks so much gazma01.

Last question. How to determine which protocol to select - JMS or MQ Native or IBM MQ Depreceated. Can we use any one or on what basis we need to select this.

• 6.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 06:03 AM

You welcome  As for which protocol to select, this is really a question for your Dev/Infrastructure team, they will have to know if and how the JMS is set up or not. It is best to use JMS, but MQ native will work fine too. I strongly advise you against using Deprecated steps and assets, it should not be necessary.

• 7.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Posted Aug 01, 2018 07:25 AM

Hi gazma01

[Apologize for troubling again]

By referring to this page - IBM MQ Native Transport Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/10-3/en/using/using-ca-service-virtualization/using-devtest-workstation-with-ca-service-virtualization/creating-service-images/create-a-service-image-by-recording/transport-protocols/ibm-websphere-mq-transport-protocol

I am trying to create VS with a requirement that : Once Virtual service is developed - it should give virtual response and if I change execution mode to Dynamic/Live, it should call Live service to give response. I have Req-res pairs available.

If I decide to create VS through MQ Native protocol with live recording (VSM Type: Proxy with live recording), I guess i have to create open Proxy (Request & Response) Queue so that it can have channel connection with Live queues. As soon as I give Live queue details over there same gets populated fro Proxy. For Ex:

Queue Manager: QUS1

Live Request Queue: PLM.SOC.PAYMENT.REQUEST 

Live Response Queue: PLM.SOC.PAYMENT.RESPONSE

What details should I give for Proxy Queue. Shall I have to create IBM Native Temporary Queue and If yes, what should we give as Queue Model Name. Or Do we need to ask MQ team to create Proxy queues for us to utilize.

Screenshot:

• 8.  Re: How to do MQ Service Virtualization - with Dynamic mode

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 01, 2018 08:56 AM

Yes, you need to ask MQ team to create proxy queues for you. See also IBM MQ Native Transport Protocol - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation for step-by-step instructions. 

Also, do not forget to put IBM MQ jars into Workstation first: Third-Party File Requirements - DevTest Solutions - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation