Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Max. Resources Job -  Which privilege?

  • 1.  Max. Resources Job -  Which privilege?

    Posted 11-07-2018 06:16 PM

    Hi we upgraded to V12 finally.

    In this version, my L1 Ops team cannot make a change to the "Max. Resources Jobs".     I assume it is a missing privilege that allows you to change that value..  which one do they need?

     

    BTW in the Web interface, if they try and change the Value, it tells you "ACCESS DENIED".... yet it does actually change it.  ( in the java client, which I guess we are not meant to use, you cannot access the Trace tab at all in Agent Properties)

     

    -Adrian 



  • 2.  Re: Max. Resources Job -  Which privilege?

    Posted 11-26-2018 01:27 PM

    Hi Adrian!

     

    You may wish to submit a case so we can look into the possible bug where it still allows you to change the value even though "Access Denied" is displayed. May I ask the exact version of the Automation Engine and AWI that you are currently observing this behavior in?

     

    Thank you,

    Andrew



  • 3.  Re: Max. Resources Job -  Which privilege?

    Posted 11-29-2018 05:32 PM
    12.1.2+hf.4.build.20625
    Automic Web Interface 12.1.2.GA01-dev-feature-12.1.2-GA01-73545
    -Adrian


  • 4.  Re: Max. Resources Job -  Which privilege?

    Posted 12-03-2018 06:26 PM

    With permission, it is always a tricky as each user/company setup on the authorizations & privilege is so unique sometime.  I found over the year, the easiest way to find out what permission is missing/needed is to enable the "SECURITY_AUDIT_FAILURE" in the UC_CLIENT_SETTING.. which will tell you the exact permission it would need.

     

    Actions taken by Users not Authorized receive "Err - CA Knowledge  (Note that this KE is showing screenshot of the JAVA UI but information is still relevant for the AWI).

     

    AWA Documentation - SECURITY_AUDIT_FAILURE 

     

    As for the fact that it giving you a access denied when the change is performed but the changed still went through - I would recommend opening a ticket on this.  As that does not appear to be working for permission set (as one would think, that will an error message of access denied that the change should not of gone through).