Automic Workload Automation

• 1.  Automic - Enterprise Scheduler -v- Applications Manager

Posted Jun 12, 2018 12:31 PM

We are looking at the Enterprise Scheduler application to compare it with Applications Manager, and were looking to discuss the difference between the two.  If anyone may have some experience or exposure to the Enterprise Scheduler application, I'd like to see what functional lift is provided by changing, from  Applications Manager.

- Rob H.#uc4 #applicationsmanager #Enterprise Scheduler #applications manager #job scheduling

• 2.  Re: Automic - Enterprise Scheduler -v- Applications Manager

Posted Jun 25, 2018 07:04 PM

Hi Rob,

On your title, as you are mention "Automic - Enterprise Scheduler -v- Applications Manager" I am guessing you might be referring to Automic flagship product - Automic Workload Automation (AWA).  This is what other companies who were on Applications Manager ended upgrading to.

There are a few that already come to my mind, such as the sheer scalability of it compare to AM - in which you are not bottle neck to the process such as the AM "Master" and the number of jobs you run/queue up/have out on the backlog... An Active-Active setup.

There also easier import/export method, version management/roll back...  along with that in higher version of AWA there are the Zero Downtime Upgrade (for the system and agents)...  

Overall AM vs AWA, in term of functionality AWA allow you to expand what you are doing now + more/or expanded functionality.  The questions is.. Is there anything particular now with AM that you are looking for the new Scheduler to have?

In additions, I will move this post to the CA Automic Workload Automation Space/Section.  To better reach the audience who are using our flagship product (AWA) and were on Applications Manager.  As they may have more input (since I just mention a bare/brief on a tiny amount of things) to your general inquiry. 

• 3.  Re: Automic - Enterprise Scheduler -v- Applications Manager

Posted Jun 25, 2018 07:08 PM

Thank you!!  At present AM does everything we need, however, looking at other options to see what else is out there and what lift in functionality we can get.

Thanks,

- Rob

• 4.  Re: Automic - Enterprise Scheduler -v- Applications Manager

Posted Jun 25, 2018 07:33 PM

We upgraded from AM to AWA in 2013.   Simply put, AWA provides a more robust set of tools for solving your business problems.

• 5.  Re: Automic - Enterprise Scheduler -v- Applications Manager

Posted Jun 25, 2018 07:36 PM

We did not treat it as an "upgrade" though.  It was really a conversion to a different product.  We re-engineered our AM solutions to take full advantage of AWA's features.  Consequently the conversion took quite a bit of time.