DX NetOps

Expand all | Collapse all

User last logon activity

• 1.  User last logon activity

Posted Aug 27, 2018 05:29 AM

HI Team,

Is there any where in spectrum we can see the user last logon time and date .

Note users are local users with spectrum .(Not integrated with EEM or LDAP)

• 2.  Re: User last logon activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 07:49 AM

Hi Praveen,

You can see this information from the OneClick Client Details link available in the OC Administration Web Page.

Cheers

Jay

• 3.  Re: User last logon activity

Posted Aug 27, 2018 09:54 AM

Yes Jason, but it will be current users and some logon activity can be seen. I need this data for all the users at a time.

• 4.  Re: User last logon activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 27, 2018 10:50 AM

You mean historically?  If so, open the Client Log window and set the purge date to something high, like 365 days.  Maybe that will be sufficient?

Cheers

Jay

• 5.  Re: User last logon activity

Posted Aug 27, 2018 11:21 AM

Yeah jason ,As of now i am seeing the data as this only , but i was searching something to see against username ,but could find anything to achieve. Intention to to export all the inactivity users at a time more than 6 months

• 6.  Re: User last logon activity

Posted Aug 28, 2018 03:24 AM

I'm assuming that you don't use RADIUS/TACACS or equivalent as this would be a better place to get this information. SRM should keep logs of this over 6 months but getting what you want out of it would require custom scripts which look for specific event types and then check which users are not seen in that 6 month period. Not sure if it is anywhere else in Spectrum.

• 7.  Re: User last logon activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 28, 2018 07:52 AM

Yeah, as Frank notes this isn't specifically logged in Spectrum so you would have to do quite an integrated customization.

Cheers

Jay

• 8.  Re: User last logon activity
    Best Answer

Posted Aug 27, 2018 11:19 AM

How about the $SPECROOT/OCLogs/client.log file on the OneClick system?

Joe

• 9.  Re: User last logon activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 29, 2018 03:20 AM

I think that login/logouts are also dumped into the catalina.out under OCE as well. However, this is to find when people have logged in and won't give you the history...

• 10.  Re: User last logon activity

Posted Aug 31, 2018 05:35 AM

We've also had this requirement several times. Parsing the client.log for each OneClick is a valid approach here.

• 11.  Re: User last logon activity

Posted Aug 31, 2018 12:52 PM

But it is difficult to fetch report for 500 + users at a time .

• 12.  Re: User last logon activity

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Sep 02, 2018 01:14 PM

I think that once you reach those levels of users you would seriously be better looking at a LDAP solution to back things into. I think that you have gone beyond the practical limits of a "small Spectrum setup with a handful of local users”…