Service Virtualization

• 1.  Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal

Posted May 11, 2018 08:23 AM

HI All,

I am creating virtual service using a WSDL . Dev test portal is showing all the resources of the wsdl i.e( Operation ,Port type, End point )but it is not recognising the data protocol of wsdl i.e it is recognising the data protocol as web services (SOAP) and after saving the virtual service i am not able to see any request arguments in the transaction tab .

Could you please help me in resolving this issue.

• 2.  Re: Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal
    Best Answer

Posted May 11, 2018 11:21 AM

Hello Bindu,

There is no WSDL Data Protocol Handler. WSDL is used for describing the functionality of a SOAP based web service, that is why the DPH being used is SOAP.

Are you removing the DPH when it shows SOAP?

Here is the documentation regarding creating WSDL VS using the Portal: Create Virtual Services from WSDL - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

and from the Workstation: Create a Service Image from a WSDL - DevTest Solutions - 10.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope it helps.

Heloisa

• 3.  Re: Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal

Posted May 14, 2018 03:44 AM

Hi Heloisa,

I do agree with your comment but when i am trying to create the Virtual service using my WSDL DPH is not showing the data protocol as SOAP ( which automatically shows the data protocol as SOAP) .

PFA the screenshot for the same.

• 4.  Re: Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 21, 2018 12:15 PM

Hi Bindhu,

I see sometimes the Web Services Soap DPH is not added automatically for Soap request when the line "<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>" is not present in the top of the request.

You can open your WSDL file in a text editor and see it has the above line or not. If it doesn't have it, then try adding it and save the file then try the recording and see.

• 5.  Re: Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal

Posted Jun 28, 2018 01:48 AM

Hi Prema, i am getting "Error trying to go to next screen (500 server Error)" when i click on continue button after uploading RRPairs. is it an access issue? what type of user privilege i must have to use this feature?

• 6.  Re: Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 28, 2018 09:53 AM

Which version of DevTest are you using? I just used 10.3 and logged in as admin/admin and able to create VS with the same RR pairs.

• 7.  Re: Query regarding creation of virtual service using WSDL in Dev test portal

Posted Jun 28, 2018 08:58 PM

i am using 10.2, ours is Enterprise license.