Automic Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

Jump to Best Answer
  • 1.  Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-05-2018 10:00 AM

    Hi all-

     

    I have a job that emails a potentially large number of recipients (hundreds). I am running into the following error occasionally:

     

    U00064016 Maximum number of e-mail adresses [sic] has been exceeded.

     

    Is there a way to increase the number of email addresses allowed? And what is the hard cap by default? Could not find this in the docs anywhere.

     

    EDIT: We are running AE v12.0.4. I'm currently using an SQLI VARA to pull a list of user emails from the AE DB, and then parsing over list using PREP_PROCESS_VARA to add each result in CALL object Process tab with code :ADD_ATT RECIPIENT, <email_address>.

     

    I've seen 129 emails succeed, but around 300 is too many and the CALL will fail with the above error.

     

    Many thanks!

    Eric



  • 2.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-05-2018 11:10 AM

    Hi

     

    it would be helpful if its a call object or not and how you add the recipients and which version you are on

     

    cheers, Wolfgang



  • 3.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-05-2018 12:13 PM

    Sorry about that, I've added details to the initial question!



  • 4.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-05-2018 03:13 PM

    Hi

     

    hmmm as there is nothing mentioned in docu (at least I did not find anything) regarding max amount of add_atts

     

    I would sent the 129 mails to automic support asking if this is a bug or behavior by design.

     

     

    alternatively you could open one support ticket...

     

    cheers, Wolfgang



  • 5.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-05-2018 03:31 PM

    Thanks, yep I've opened a support case on this. Will update here once I know more.



  • 6.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-20-2018 01:43 PM

    Support is still looking into this. So far they have recommended a max of 100 emails as a workaround. They are continuing to look into whether there is an internal setting that can be changed to confidently increase this number.

     

    They've also suggested using a distribution group, which might be appropriate in some scenarios, but I am dynamically pulling my list of user emails directly from the AE DB, so the individual email addresses are what I have to work with.

     

    Hopefully more to come



  • 7.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 06-21-2018 05:12 AM

    Beside the issue, I would think about organizing so many receiptiant in Mail groups, expecially for internal communication. That more Mail notification, error-notification, ... have to be handled that more you might have to work on adjustments in scripts to send the information to the rights departments, etc. .  



  • 8.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 07-03-2018 01:50 PM

    The solution we're using pulls users dynamically based on when they last logged into an Automic client. It's the dynamic and unpredictable nature of this pull that is causing trouble. For a static collection, we could build an AD distro group, but it's not possible here.



  • 9.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.
    Best Answer

    Posted 07-10-2018 02:03 PM

    Thanks everyone for your patience! The limit for recipients and the 'cc' field for a single executed CALL object is 256. The limit is not adjustable and is a constant within the software but you could choose to activate the CALL object from a script in a loop and there would be no limit to using the notification object in this manner.



  • 10.  Re: Maximum number of e-mail adresses has been exceeded.

    Posted 07-10-2018 03:16 PM

    Good stuff, thanks for closing the loop on this. Suggest adding that max number to the docs so it's readily available going forward!