CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM 17.1 REST API Questions

Posted Oct 16, 2018 10:03 AM

Hi Community,

Service Desk 17.1

Advanced Availability Architecture

1. How could I expose all the SDM available factories resoruces for API integration.

as per the documentation have to install the web service option manager option 'rest_webservice_resources_to_expose', do we need to explicitly mention the object names to use in API's?

2. What is the use of the web service option manager 'string_to_sign_fields' option?

Thanks

Venkat

• 2.  Re: SDM 17.1 REST API Questions
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 16, 2018 11:16 AM

Hi,

I've ran into issues where after publishing attributes via WSP they are not added to the REST API. There's a race condition where the process that publishes the attributes to the application servers runs after the rest api has started (this all happens when the services are starting).

To fix this you can run pdm_rest_util -undeploy, wait for it to finish, then run  pdm_rest_util -deploy. You may still need to recycle services after that.

I have not touched the those options manager settings and have access to all objects in the rest api.

• 3.  Re: SDM 17.1 REST API Questions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 16, 2018 01:38 PM

@CodeGeek

And just to follow up on that, the 'rest_webservice_resources_to_expose' option is really intended for high-security scenarios where you only want to expose a limited number of specific objects through REST, but to block access to all others. If you want to have full access to everything, gbruneau's steps above should be sufficient.

• 4.  Re: SDM 17.1 REST API Questions

Posted Oct 16, 2018 04:09 PM

Thank you gbruneau, Sean.Johnston, will execute the mentioned utility commands to deploy the REST API's resources and will update here.

Thank you,

Venkat

• 5.  Re: SDM 17.1 REST API Questions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Oct 19, 2018 08:31 AM

CodeGeek 

Have you been able to test the suggestions made by gbruneau and Sean.Johnston?