Clarity

• 1.  Add "unnamed resources" to a team

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:29 AM

Can you add roles only to a Project in CAPPM? I have a project manager that knows she will need a role for a project but a resource has not yet been assigned.

• 2.  Re: Add "unnamed resources" to a team

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:38 AM

Yes, you can add roles to project.  Later, you can use the “Search” (replace) feature (the magnifying glass icon) to replace the role name with the resource name once identified.

If you have assigned the role to specific tasks, the resource will inherit those tasks when replacing the role.

Also, this might be a bit farther out for you, not needed now:  If you have rates in your rate matrix by role and department, you can put roles on your project and then select the department that should fill them using the Staff OBS column.  Then, when building your Cost Plan from Team\Staff (allocations or assignments), CA PPM will use the role and department from Staff OBS column to find your rates and complete your Cost Plan.

Go for it and have fun!

Dale

• 3.  Re: Add "unnamed resources" to a team

Posted Apr 23, 2018 09:46 AM

How do you just add the role? Maybe its how ours has been set up. When I go to the Team page and select Add - I can select a primary role but it asks for a name? I wasn't here during the original set up so I'm wondering if things need to be completed in other areas to allow for this? Thanks so much for your help - I'm just learning this now.

• 4.  Re: Add "unnamed resources" to a team

Posted Apr 23, 2018 10:23 AM

You need to create a resource which is the "role".

(different to the "role" that a named (person) resource may have)

• 5.  Re: Add "unnamed resources" to a team

Posted Apr 23, 2018 10:57 AM

When in the application side you click New you are asked if it will be a resource or role

• 6.  Re: Add "unnamed resources" to a team

Posted Apr 23, 2018 07:45 PM

As suggested above, you need to first create a Role. 

You can do this by going to Home-Resources and when you click on New, you get to choose whether you want to create a Named Resource or a Role as per the screenshot above. 

Once you have created the Role, you can add it to the Team. On the Add page you will need to type the name of the newly created Role in the Resource/Role Name and Filter.

Thanks

Shailey