Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  Problem to enter CA Threat Analytics since CA PAM

Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:15 AM

Good day. The reason why I do a job is because I am presenting problems to enter Threat Analytics from PAM.

I already reviewed all the documentation, plus I already received information from PAM to Threat Analitycs.

The configuration ip is from the PAM console, which is attached to the image.

I download the metadata and add it to the administration console, marking the error, so I ask for your support to advise me on this problem. regards

• 2.  Re: Problem to enter CA Threat Analytics since CA PAM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 25, 2018 02:37 PM

Alan,

It would be good to know what version CAPAM you are using, but from the error you are showing, error 401, it seems that you are not reaching the destination IP.

When you log into CAPAM, go to the Configuration/Tools page and check that you can reach that IP by PING.  And then try a portscan to that port to make sure that the server is not filtering on port 443.

Regards,

Anthony

• 3.  Re: Problem to enter CA Threat Analytics since CA PAM

Posted Jun 25, 2018 04:56 PM

Hi.

If I arrive and the port is listening, but the IP is not resolving me, I will do everything the documentation says.

So far, I have no problem, but you are not making the corresponding connection.

• 4.  Re: Problem to enter CA Threat Analytics since CA PAM

Posted Jun 26, 2018 02:12 PM
    The communication is already established, only it does not let me do the SAML, from PAM.

• 5.  Re: Problem to enter CA Threat Analytics since CA PAM
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 26, 2018 04:01 PM

Alan,

You opened this Community thread asking about Threat Analytics.  The server has a 401 error which means that it cannot connect on the url.  You said that you might have a problem with DNS. 

Did you fix your DNS problem and connect to your Threat Analytics server?

Now you are asking a question about SAML, and I think this has nothing to do with Threat Analytics.  You will have to post a new question in the community. It also may be better to open a case in your CA Support Portal and the local CA Support team may be able to assist you better.