Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  I have 2 questions

Posted May 31, 2018 01:23 PM

Good morning, I have 2 questions about CA PAM, first question, can I store in my destined server, recordings of more than one year? and the second if I erase the server recordings by mistake is there a way to recover the information? Thanks for your attention, regards.

• 2.  Re: I have 2 questions
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2018 02:43 PM

Hi Alan, Session recordings are stored externally. How long they are available, and whether there are backups to restore the files from would be a question to ask the administrator of the storage device. There is a Purge Policy in PAM that can control for how long session recordings are kept, see the "(Optional) Configure a Session Recording Purge Policy” on page https://docops.ca.com/ca-privileged-access-manager/3-2/EN/implementing/configure-your-server/set-up-session-recording.

• 3.  Re: I have 2 questions

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 31, 2018 02:51 PM

Hello Alan,

Setting up a purge policy for session recordings is optional   Under Configuration, Logs, Session Recording, there is a Purge Policy tab. To disable automatic purging of session recordings, set the Remove records older than value to zero (0).

The session recordings are stored externally, and are not backed up with the database.  There is an option to set up a secondary storage mount for failover to avoid losing session recording if the primary mount goes down.  

Since the session recordings are stored external to PAM, then if you accidentally erased recordings, you would have to refer to the last backup of the external share. 

Regards,

Margaret