Layer7 API Management

• 1.  admin repository configuration for LAC 5 in cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 20, 2018 03:24 AM

If I would like to 2 instances of LAC 5.0 (deployed on apache tomcat servers)  to run as a cluster with admin repository.

In such scenario, Does the admin repository folder be configured in a shared mapped folder to each of the tomcat nodes so each instance of the LAC will point to this shared admin repository folder  ?

Or should each lac instance in the cluster should write to its own dedicated admin repository ?

This topic is quite vague for me and I will be glad if someone can provide additional info regarding it and how does each of the lac instances in cluster should be synced with each other. 

Thanks,

• 2.  Re: admin repository configuration for LAC 5 in cluster
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 20, 2018 06:03 PM

When you are running LAC in a cluster, both nodes must be looking at the same admin repository. 

This can be accomplished by either: 

1. Starting up all nodes by pointing to a URL or Git having the repository using the LAC_REPOSITORY_CONFIGURATION_URL startup option. 

See: Configure Live API Creator to Run as a Cluster - CA Live API Creator - 5.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

2. Bundle the WAR file of Live API Creator with your admin repository, and install the updated WAR on all of the nodes. 

See: Example: Deploy the Bundled WAR to a Cluster - CA Live API Creator - 5.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Note that when you are running in a cluster, LAC should be serving as the runtime platform processing the API requests. You should not be making any changes to the APIs running on a cluster. 

Hope this clarifies your question. 

Wai-Yin Chee

• 3.  Re: admin repository configuration for LAC 5 in cluster

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2018 04:19 AM

Many thanks for this info. now it is clear for me. 

i will walk through the documentation and point the prod nodes  to a URL