DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA APM - MQ queue manager

Posted Nov 23, 2016 10:15 AM

What is the best way to monitor an MQ queue manager (installed on windows) from CA APM.
    From Cross-Enterprise we have visibility of the status of MQ queue manager on an IBM host (sysview) with CA APM. There is some agent or configuration that allows us to have visivilidad of the state of a queue manager from a windows server.

• 2.  Re: CA APM - MQ queue manager
    Best Answer

• 3.  Re: CA APM - MQ queue manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 12:08 PM

Seeing no response to my answer so marking as answered. You may post additional questions as needed

• 4.  Re: CA APM - MQ queue manager

Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:24 AM

Thanks Hal for your answer. So sorry my late answer. I reviewed the links to CA APM documemtation  for integrate with MQ. But this is not my primary priority and i are reviewing Cross Enterprise implementation with CA APM and MQ is only one part. And the priority for this project is monitoring of CICS regions and transctions or services within her.
    As I dont have a previous implementation to compare, I dont know that offering to my users from all Cross-Entreprise metrics to they are can view if Host enviroment is ok.

• 5.  Re: CA APM - MQ queue manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 06:01 PM

Just to add to Hal's comments.

It should not matter what OS platform the MQ Queue Manager is residing on as long as the required permissions are setup for the user that runs the remote MQMonitor agent to access that QM, queues etc,

• 6.  Re: CA APM - MQ queue manager

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 13, 2016 08:35 AM

Dear Fernando:

Thanks for the response. The basic info has been given above. It sounds like you have to decide what are your customers requirements and how to meet them. Perhaps your account team may help in this area. Once implementing should you run into an issue, please open a support case at that time

Thanks

Hal German