Is there anyone else who has performance issues in Microsoft Edge for CA Service Desk Manager 17.1. If we use Chrome or IE, the performance is perfect but as soon as we navigate in SDM with Edge, we have to wait between 10-15 sec for each window to open in SDM.
The window load as if we had a 56k modem connection.
Are you using Windows Authentication for this, if so, is it possible that your browser is forcing an authentication check for every request against the domain controller that's taking long cycles?
Raghu.Rudraraju, we observe the same behavior with IIS (Windows authentication activated) and with Tomcat. (There is no sso configured with tomcat)
We tried with setting the access type to : Free always allows access. Same thing.
Me and Remy have currently a case for this for those who one to track it internally : 00992610.
If we activate SDM response time statistic, and do File->New incident, it goes as follow :
And in chrome :
here is some diagnostic....
Is it normal for each .js to take so much time between Edge and SDM? We are experimenting internally but I do not understand why other browsers work # 1 and that MS Edge is so far behind.
We also test SDM without pop-up window and under Edge performance is much better.
To me it appears that it's downloading every object slowly from the IIS server (or Tomcat).
Is it possible that in Chrome its loading the CSS/JS and other pictures etc., from cache, while IE's getting them from the server all the time? Its almost like disable cache is set, and that's adding up?
I'm also experiencing problems with Edge. Same thing.
In other browsers it's working fine.
What is important to know,
The slowliness only occurs when using SDM in POPUP mode.
If you check "avoid contextual windows" in user preference, it becames a Ferrari.
So there is a problem in the way SDM is working between windows in Edge.
We tried :
Clean install of windows 10, not the corporate image.
In the same vlan.
Here is the response time in Edge when using "Avoid contextual windows" setting:
0.6 seconds. It's way faster than the 9.8 seconds with popup windows.
could you please note where did you disable the "Avoid contextual windows" setting?
Then hit Save.
Sorry I have a french install
you can try to manually debug js using edge:
Microsoft Edge DevTools - Performance - Microsoft Edge Development | Microsoft Docs
Timur, there is no error in JS. Only incredibly slow loading time.
But all of those loading time disappear when we are using SDM with "avoid contextual window" mode.
Yeah, but you can get time of each js function, so you can determine which frame (or ajax call used to load webengine op) loaded so slow.
We found the same behaviour in our r14.5 environment (w10 clients):
while popups activated -> slow down on ie/edge, but still fast with chrome/ff
while popups deactivated - > works fine with all browsers
Apparently, CA opened a case with Microsoft about this.
I can confirm we also have this problem now. I might not have drilled into any tickets when you asked me to check earlier.. The initial/announcements screen loads fine but opening up any ticket takes 10 or so seconds.
gbruneau any chances you can test this in Expeditors env and confirm us that this is not site related?
Edge performance seems OK for us on 17.0. We only have 17.1 in our development environment which is a single conventional server. Performance seems normal there as well.
Can you provide us with the edge version and windows patch version please?
No problem. Here's the version of Edge we're using.
Windows 10 version.
Hope this helps..
Okay same edge. But we are on windows 10 15063.966.
can confirm same problem here looking to the files and using the debugger
OS Name: Microsoft Windows 10 ProOS Version: 10.0.14393 N/A Build 14393OS Manufacturer: Microsoft Corporation
Microsoft Edge 38.14393.2068.0
Microsoft EdgeHTML 14.14393
Look like also that SDM is using a old depreciated version of jquery (1.9) + synchronous call + wrong reference for map that for sure don't help for performance and user experience.
There is an issue with MS Edge browser which is causing this performance problem. We have opened a support case with Microsoft for this problem. After working back and forth with them here is the final update we have received:
"We have received update from Product group regarding on this BUG . They have taken decision not to proceed further to fix this issue since affected browser component that we are looking is going to be replaced soon.
I understand your concern, but most of these issue will be fixed in new browser component. As of now we are closing this incident as BUG and non-decremented."
So for now we have no choice than live with this performance issue with Edge browser