Symantec Privileged Access Management

• 1.  CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 21, 2017 02:41 AM

How can we get/achieve  the CA PAM certification?  What is the exam fees? Full process if anyone can suggest please. 

Thanks in advance.

• 2.  Re: CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:01 AM

Once you feel you are ready, you may register at Welcome to Webassessor (Onsite or Online).  

Exam Cost is typically $150/per attempt, but discount vouchers are available.

If you are somewhat new to CA PAM, I would suggest that you take the following Web Based (Online) LMS sessions.

CA PAM 2.x

CA Privileged Access Manager 2.5.x: Configuration Foundations 200 Dynamic Lab Bundle  LMS Code: 04PIM20099

CA Privileged Access Manager 2.6.x: Administration Foundations 200 Dynamic Lab Bundle  LMS Code: 04PIM20169   KK: worth taking twice.

CA Privileged Access Manager 2.8: Support Advanced Topics 300 Dynamic Lab Bundle LMS Code: 04PIM3003S

CA Privileged Access Manager 2.6 Credential Workflow 200

LMS Code: 04PIM20180

CA PAM 3.x;

PreGA CA Privileged Access Manager 3.0: Differences 200

LMS Code: 04PIM20320

CA PAM 3.0.1: Deep Dive Technical Training 200

LMS Code: 04PIM20420

Exam Preparation:

CA Privileged Access Manager 2.6: Administration Foundations 200 Exam | LMS Code: 04PIM2016E

Other CA PAM course are found at https://catech.sumtotal.host/Core/search

> Library (Books Icon) > Product > Security > Privileged Access Management

Hope this helps,

Kirk

• 3.  Re: CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 21, 2017 09:46 AM

Thanks Leslie. However I am not getting the start button for the Web Based (Online) LMS sessions. Do I have to pay for that too? 

• 4.  Re: CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 21, 2017 10:01 AM

I should have asked  - is TeamV an internal CA group? (cannot determine the members).   If so, you should be able to "register" for the Dynamic Lab Bundles at no cost.  You may want to try the link below and navigate to the desired courses from there.

Other CA PAM course are found at https://catech.sumtotal.host/Core/search

> Library (Books Icon) > Product > Security > Privileged Access Management

• 5.  Re: CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 21, 2017 10:28 AM

I am customer for CA not an internal employee.  I am getting access denied while accessing the URL : https://catech.sumtotal.host/Core/search 

Is there any way for customers to give exams? We have recently implemented PAM for Volvocars and wanted to give the certification exam. Like Cyberark provides certificate for associates who has implemented their product, do we have any such facility from CA? 

• 6.  Re: CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 21, 2017 01:45 PM

Thanks for clarifying.  I apologize for any confusion.  

But the answer is yes, there is a CA PAM does have a certification path - both at Proven Professional and Expert levels.

Please reach out to Education & Training - CA Technologies and/or contact your CA Account rep.

Kirk

• 7.  Re: CA PAM Certification

Posted Dec 22, 2017 10:57 AM

Please visit the Certification website for general information and instructions on how to prepare for and register for the Proven Professional, CA PAM 2.x Implementation certification. You can review frequently asked questions (FAQs) and also access the exam study guide for recommended training, the content areas tested, and sample questions. 

To register for the certification exam, please visit our third-party testing facility, KryterionOnline, at www.webassessor.com/catechnologies/index.html.  Feel free to reach out to certification@ca.com with any specific questions.#certifications&accreditations