Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

• 1.  Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 08-04-2017 08:47 AM

My DevTest test case has a filter( Save Property Value to a File) to write the request and response to a file. When this test case is executed via ITR, file is getting written. But when the test case is executed via command line file is not being written. Does command line does not support this? Or Do I need to follow any other procedure? Please clarify.

• 2.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 08-04-2017 09:14 AM

What is the location of the file being written to using ITR?

Please provide the command line syntax used for executing the test case

• 3.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 08-07-2017 01:48 AM

Prem,

Below is the command used

TestRunner -a -u svpower -p svpower -m tcp://XXXX:port/Registry -t "C:\TestCases\Interface Connectivity Scripts\AddressView.tst"

Location used :{{path}}\AddressView-req.xml

project.config :

path = C:\Result\Request

Even tried by directly providing the path instead of parameterizing.

• 4.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 08-07-2017 09:48 AM

Please check the following links

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/9-5/en/using/using-ca-application-test/using-devtest-workstation-with-ca-application-test/running-test-cases-and-suites/test-runner/run-a-test-case-with-test-runner/

https://docops.ca.com/devtest-solutions/9-5/en/using/using-ca-application-test/using-devtest-workstation-with-ca-application-test/running-test-cases-and-suites/test-runner

I see you are missing [-r StagingDocument] in your command. There are other options mentioned in the links above which may be required in your case (depends on your testcase design & dependencies)

Once you have corrected the above - please check the runner.log file to see if there are any errors reported.

• 5.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 08-08-2017 02:51 AM

I tried with -r staging doc and -html to generate the html report. The html report is getting saved in the path provided. but still file is not getting written which has same path as html report.

Am I missing some thing or writing file through filter is not supported via command line?

• 6.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 09-07-2017 09:19 AM

Prem,

Can you respond to Kavitha's last reply?

• 7.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 09-07-2017 10:19 AM

Hi,

Did you try setting the path to be within folder of DevTest?

Thanks,

Regards,

Vish

• 8.  Re: Command Line Execution of DevTest TestCases

Posted 08-20-2018 09:49 AM

Hi, 

I have the same situation to execute the test case from command prompt. I am able to execute if it is a simple test case. But I have a test case with another test case as "sub-process", when I try to run the main test cases, process is stopped after the statement "User credentials are valid". 

How to run the test cases with sub-process in command prompt?