DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Azure probe: Service health

Posted Dec 19, 2017 05:43 AM

Hi

We're currently having some issues with collecting servicehealth via Azure-Probe. 

Hostname does not validate against Certificate.

We're running version 3.11 of the probe on CA UIM 8.5.1.

LOG:
    des 19 11:18:39:457 INFO [main, azure] =========== DONE: Finished startupAndRestartInitialization ========
    des 19 11:18:40:212 FATAL [Service Health Collector 0, azure] Fatal transport error for Service Health API:
    des 19 11:18:40:213 FATAL [Service Health Collector 0, azure] javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Host name 'www.windowsazurestatus.com' does not match the certificate subject provided by the peer (CN=azuressd.glbdns2.microsoft.com)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.application.azure.impl.AzureHealthNotificationImpl.buildAzureQOSAndAlarm(AzureHealthNotificationImpl.java:44)
    at com.nimsoft.probe.application.azure.datacollector.AzureDataServicesHealthDataCollector.run(AzureDataServicesHealthDataCollector.java:27)
    at java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:511)
    at java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.runAndReset(FutureTask.java:308)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.access$301(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:180)
    at java.util.concurrent.ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor$ScheduledFutureTask.run(ScheduledThreadPoolExecutor.java:294)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1142)
    at java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:617)
    at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:745)
    des 19 11:18:40:214 INFO [Service Health Collector 0, azure] PERF: DONE: Collecting services health {Seconds=0.840}

Does anyone have any experience with this issue? 

I have checked the certificate, and the problem is real.

• 2.  Re: Azure probe: Service health
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 19, 2017 10:13 AM

Ketil

This is a good catch. According to the documentation the probe should be pulling this information from http://azure.microsoft.com/en-gb/status/.

Mine is also broken and I will be raising a ticket to get this corrected.

• 3.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Posted Dec 20, 2017 06:32 AM

Hi Alquin

Thanks for verifying this. Nice if you keep me posted on your Support Ticket. 

-Ketil

• 4.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Posted Dec 20, 2017 08:27 AM

Hi Ketil

I opened a case yesterday and was provided a test fix for the azure probe number 3.13T4. This has resolved the issue at hand. I suggest you log a case as well and they guide you from there as well.

Thank you for posting this information. It was really helpful.

• 5.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Posted Jun 06, 2018 04:33 PM

I'm getting the same error in the logs. Just tried setting this up today with probe version 3.11 which seems to be the latest in 8.5.1 archive?

• 6.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Posted Jun 06, 2018 04:35 PM

Running 3.11 so no update to this probe since Dec 2017? 

Jun 06 16:28:11:512 INFO  [Service Health Collector 1, azure] PERF: DONE:  Collecting services health   {Seconds=0.279}
    Jun 06 16:33:11:235 INFO  [Service Health Collector 1, azure] PERF: START: Collecting services health
    Jun 06 16:33:11:526 FATAL [Service Health Collector 1, azure] Fatal transport error for Service Health API: 
    Jun 06 16:33:11:526 FATAL [Service Health Collector 1, azure] javax.net.ssl.SSLPeerUnverifiedException: Host name 'www.windowsazurestatus.com' does not match the certificate subject provided by the peer (CN=azuressd.glbdns2.microsoft.com)

• 7.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jun 06, 2018 04:56 PM

Hi Dan,

The latest version is azure-3.1.1-HF3.zip (May 11 2018)

Steve

• 8.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Posted Jun 25, 2018 09:49 AM

Hi Dan,

Did you get a fix, we have been pointed at 3.11 hf3 but we are still not getting Service Status - Failed 11th June 18:12 BST??

Paul.

• 9.  Re: Azure probe: Service health

Posted Jun 25, 2018 11:52 AM

I did get this working eventually but it did take a lot of back and forth with client and getting the permissions setup correctly. We needed to setup at least one instance of AD and get the required access key, secret key from that instance and use that in setting up the profile. Then it finally worked.