Service Virtualization

• 1.  Passing sytem datetime / random value in LISA Test Case Header field

Posted Feb 16, 2018 05:04 AM

Scene :

I have a LISA Test Case where I specify Headers in the Headers tab.

Requirement :

For one of the header field, I want to pass the systemdatetime / random value everytime that Test case is hit / run.

Any way of doing that ?

• 2.  Re: Passing sytem datetime / random value in LISA Test Case Header field
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Feb 16, 2018 10:56 AM

You can use Timestamp filter in one of the steps before the step where you want to use it and then use the property in the Headers tab.Please refer Time Stamp Filter - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation .

If you want to use a random value, you can use  Random Code Generator Data Set - DevTest Solutions - 10.2 - CA Technologies Documentation.  

• 3.  Re: Passing sytem datetime / random value in LISA Test Case Header field

Posted Feb 23, 2018 06:47 AM

Hi Prema,

I added Do Nothing step and added a timestamp filter in the same. But then 2 steps are getting executed - 1. Do Nothing 2. Rest step (actual Test case).

While I run the Test cases Over Jenkins, now for each test case 2 steps are run, whihc takes a little overhead and extra time.

Any other way to directly add some formula / code to Headers itself ratehr than having an extra step ?