Clarity

• 1.  Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 15, 2017 12:12 PM

My understanding is that if a process is validated and active and has a primary object it will automatically be displayed on the Processes tab on the Available subpage.

Is that correct?

The only way to do that would be not to give (object) process rights to the user, but then it would appy for all processes.

• 2.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 15, 2017 12:36 PM

What if you give instance rights ?

NJ

• 3.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 15, 2017 05:00 PM

Thanks navzjoshi00 

Please tell me how that would work.

If I look at Process instance rights (this is 13.3) there are

and after that there is

Not really anything I could relate to viewing available processes.

Then looking at the global (project) rights

The process related to project are firstly bundled with other things and secondly looks like the project rights do not go to the level of instances of dependent items.

• 4.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 16, 2017 03:52 AM

Hi Martti, 

I need more information on your use case, but as NJ has stated rights can be used for non admin.

One other non-hack option is to hide the process tab on the object page layout, but then you'd need an alternative access method.

• 5.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 16, 2017 04:28 AM

Thanks am1 but as I posted above I do not see the right that would allow that. Do you?

Hiding the tab is not good as it hides all the processes not just the particular one that is sore in the users' eyes.

• 6.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 16, 2017 05:12 AM

In 13.3 we were able to restrict access to just certain processes on the project object, so is possible.

You will need to review the rights model implemented. 

Take a look at the full access view of the process

• 7.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 16, 2017 05:17 AM

The problem is that the users should be restricted to see the process in the list of available processes, but still be able to execute it on create. I still do not see such a right which would block from viewing but allow to execute. Do you?

• 8.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 16, 2017 05:34 AM

Still not clear on the use case, i'm going to guess and say you want a process to auto start on create of the object instance but the user should not be able to see it under "processes" (ether available or initiated views).

Sorry, the correct behaviour is that the resource should be able to see the initiated process under processes, even with just auto start. (without process view definition). Likely possible with some small customisation.

If everything is auto start then there's no harm in hiding the processes tab and can avoid customisation.

• 9.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process

Posted May 16, 2017 01:34 PM

Hi urmas,

The better way to achieve your requirement:

1. Pull the Process - View Definition - All from the resource global access rights (Resource will not able to see the processes in the list of  available processes)
    2. Provide only the instance level rights of the processes, that you want to show to the resource, in the list of the available processes.

The resource will be restricted to see the process (which is is validated and active and has a primary object) in the list of available processes and also they but will be able to execute it on create.

Do let me know if it works.

Best Regards
    Shubham Bhatia

• 10.  Re: Can an available process be hidden from the available process
    Best Answer

Posted May 17, 2017 05:21 AM

am1 

This is the way it looks (in 13.3)

The request is not to display the Autostart on create process in the available processes

am1  and Shubham.Bhatia  I still don't see how the rights could do that.

Yes Process - View Definition - All  global right is one of the rights that allow the user to see the available processes.

Without that and any other process rights the user does not see any processes

Which is not exactly in line from what I read from the Project Global rights

Howver, to continue with the solution Shubham.Bhatia  proposes

If I give the user process instance rights (all of them at this point to be sure)

but first to test if that type of solution could work to a different process

Now when the user logs in and goes to the Available processes of a project I should expect the user not to see any processes. However, that is not the case

The user sees the same process as with Global Process - View Definition right.

I do not know if that is a bug or the product working as designed, but anyway the proposal does not solve the problem.

However, there is a much simpler solution.

If I set the Available for Ondemand Start to No in Object Properties when creating the process

The process is not displayed in the Available Processes when the user has  Global Process - View Definition right.