Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Message Routing(Route via HTTP) - Customize Request Query String

Posted Nov 23, 2017 09:41 AM

I have below requirement and looking for approach to achieve it

Requirement : Read request header before "Routing via HTTP" assertion and append in request as  query string.

e.g. Get value header parameter i.e. siteId="US_SiteID" and append in /public/v1/cart?siteId=US_SiteID

Idea on above problem :  Get ${request.http.header.<header-parameter-name>} and append with URI using ${request.http.parameter.<parameter-name>}

Challenge : How to set custom query string in request 

Approach : Custom assertion to read request header parameter value and append in request URI as /public/v1/cart?siteId=US_SiteID

Shall I go for custom assertion? if no,It would be great if anyone help me to achieve using out of the box policy assertions.

• 2.  Re: Message Routing(Route via HTTP) - Customize Request Query String
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2017 05:35 PM
      |   view attached

The logic you are looking for does not require a custom assertion to be generated. The variables are available in the system already along with some built in assertions. The input variables generated when the gateway receives the request are outlined here: Transport Layer Context Variables - CA API Gateway - 9.2 - CA Technologies Documentation . I've attached a sample policy on how to do what you are looking for with some added logic if the parameter does not exist.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Message Routing(Route via HTTP) - Customize Request Query String

Posted Nov 24, 2017 05:58 AM

Thanks Stephen a lot,

I test scenario (below logic) and able to get expected result. Do I need to us URL Encode assertion ?

• 4.  Re: Message Routing(Route via HTTP) - Customize Request Query String

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2017 12:09 PM

The URL encode is needed as we decode the URL on the way in and if we don't re-encode prior to the HTTP Routing it will fail with unknown characters.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Message Routing(Route via HTTP) - Customize Request Query String

Posted Nov 27, 2017 07:14 AM

Thank you Stephen