API Portal seems to choke on circular references in imported swagger - anyone else have this issue?
What version of the portal are you using including any CRs applied?
Director, CA Support
I haven't personally heard of this issue around circular references with Swagger in an API Portal, buT I wanted to just add a quick note:
- CA API Developer Portal version 3.5 (all CRs included) or lower do not officially support Swagger. Although I believe some people have converted Swagger docs into a WADL for upload to achieve the desired effects. If you are using 3.5 or lower, this won't be a supported method so it may be difficult to troubleshoot such an issue.
- Portal 4.0 and newer support the Swagger spec 2.0. It should work in the 4.x series of API Portal.
Can you kindly elaborate more on more on what is meant by the Portal appearing to "choke" on a Swagger circular reference? For example:
- How does the issue present itself to you in your environment?
- How long does it "choke"?
- Do you get a loading screen / animation when it's performing it's operation, or does it present itself in a different means?
- What browser are you using when witnessing this behaviour and has the issue been reproduced using a different browser too?
- Any other details you would be able to provide.
Dustin DaunceySr Support Engineer, Global Customer SuccessEmail: Dustin.Dauncey@ca.comPhone: +1 800 225 5224 ,48385Phone if outside North America - https://tinyurl.com/CAContactSupportCA API Management Community: https://tinyurl.com/CAAPIMCommunity
Just wanted to touch base and find out if you have any additional questions, or were you able to resolve your issue.