DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Mar 26, 2018 07:55 AM

Hi All,

Can someone guide me on how to discover list of AWS resources being monitored in CA UIM using REST API? I want to get the list of AWS resources & all its details.

Thanks

• 2.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 26, 2018 10:22 AM

I don't have a probe right now to test it, but I suggest you have a look to the InvokeCallback and InvokeCallback2 REST API calls from the standard UIM REST API.

Probe Calls - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

You can probably use a callback on the aws probe which would return the discovered tree and after some json/xml parsing you could get something useful I guess.

• 3.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Apr 05, 2018 07:41 AM

Thanks Chris.

I tried to get the tree using the below Rest Call. but i'm getting message "This method is not available to account users.",  through i'm using  administrator privilege.

POST /rest/probe/chris-dev/primaryhub/nb-1538/aws/callback/get_info HTTP/1.1 Accept: application/json Content-Type: application/json {     "timeout":"5000",     "parameters":{         "name":"detail",         "type":"int",         "value":"1"     } }

Can you tell me which privilege to use, is there any special privilege or is there config issue?

• 4.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Apr 05, 2018 07:50 AM

As said in the message, you cannot use an account user. You need to create a NIMBUS user (using IM) with the appropriate privileges.

• 5.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Apr 05, 2018 08:38 AM

Thanks alot Chris. I have created Nimbus User. But now can you tell me what all function can i use after Callback/{options} & Callback2/{options} ? I want to get the discovered tree under aws probe. 

• 6.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Apr 05, 2018 09:52 AM

Unfortunately I can't because I don't have the probe installed anywhere I can access to. You can use the CTRL+P shortcut on the probe in IM so you can see in expert mode the list of callbacks with their arguments.

• 7.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Apr 06, 2018 07:22 AM

Thanks Chris. I tried to use verify_resource callback option which is failing. I'm not sure how to use & what will be output? will it return the discovered resource tree?

• 8.  Re: How to get list of AWS resources using REST API?

Posted Apr 06, 2018 07:28 AM

There is probably a callback which kind of returns the tree, but it will probably be in a PDS format (or CTD).