Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

How to retrieve Audit Code Number and also the Assertion Status from previous Assertion?

• 1.  How to retrieve Audit Code Number and also the Assertion Status from previous Assertion?

Posted Mar 14, 2017 11:26 PM

Hi,

FYI, I have a "Require SSL or TLS Transport with Client Authentication" in the policy, whenever the assertion return false (due to certificate issue), it will jump to another branch to handle the error.

I wish to retrieve the audit code and also the assertion status triggered from the previous assertion (in this case Require SSL or TLS Transport assertion), is it possible or is there any context variable which can achieve it? For example, when I open the Gateway Audited Events, I can see the audit information such as "4113: No Client Certificate was present in the request" & "4100: Authentication Required" from the assertion. I wish to capture these 2 events and assign to the context variables.

Thanks.

Regards,

TK

• 2.  Re: How to retrieve Audit Code Number and also the Assertion Status from previous Assertion?
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 23, 2017 12:19 PM

Hi TK,

For debugging the policy, I add the Customize SOAP Fault Response assertion to get this type of details. I do not recommend adding additional audits logs as these typically involve some performance overhead on Gateway.

Config:

Error: