AppWorx, Dollar Universe and Sysload Community

• 1.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 18, 2011 04:22 PM
    univiewer console
    Hello - are there any online manuals that pertain to rule creation?  I have a job that needs to run only on certain days, and not the same days every month, and not even every month.  I can't seem to find out how to do this.  Thanks.  The process runs sometimes into the next month, depending on when it originally starts.

• 2.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 19, 2011 05:04 AM
    Hello,

Did you have a look at this [url="http://www.orsypforum.com/index.php?showtopic=658"]tutorial[/url] which includes Rules examples?

Can you describe accurately how your Rule works so we can look for a solution together?

Michel

• 3.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 19, 2011 01:42 PM
    Hello- what I would like to do is schedule a task for these days Jan18,19,20,21,23,24,25,26,27,28,30,31, Feb1,2,3.
    How can I create the rule that only selects certain days and also runs into the next month?
    Do I create a special calendar for this?  And if so, how do you associate the calendar with the task/uproc ?

• 4.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 20, 2011 12:49 AM
    Hello,

If you cannot built some kind of algorithm for the scheduling, but it is more of a list of dates, you may:

- use explicit scheduling dates in the Task, providing all scheduling dates (you may want to accompany this with another technical Task which will serve as a reminder for the next period (I used such a Task on a yearly basis)

- create a specific MU for these jobs, and create for this MU a specific calendar which will serve to you in your Task on this very MU

Michel

• 5.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 20, 2011 09:18 AM
    Can you please explain how to use explicit scheduling dates in the Task.  I am only seeing that you can add a "rule" or "exception"  to the "Schedule" parameter.  The exception options are "run at".  I am not seeing a "run between these dates" field.  Can you please explain the steps to do this?

• 6.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 20, 2011 09:55 AM
    Which interface to Dollar Universe are you using?

- Windows Console
    - UniViewer 3.0
    - Unix Motif interface

What release are you using?

Michel

• 7.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 20, 2011 10:16 AM
    Hello, I am using the UniViewer v 3.0 ?  Is there a better view to do this process in?

• 8.  [Solved] Rule creation - univiewer console

Posted Jan 20, 2011 04:25 PM
    Hello Deb,

In UV 3.0, explicit dates are available in the Task under the "Exception" feature. Add an exception for each explicit date (tick the "run at" option with adequate date/hours).

Currently in UV 3.0, you must enter a Rule for any scheduled Task - which in this case does not make sense, but the GUI obliges you to. An enhancement request was recently selected by ORSYP Change Committee so that Tasks can be created without the presence of a Rule.

As a workaround, you can create a Rule "None", with period 1 Month, leave all the rest with default values, except the weekly mask where you must block any day and any type of day - so the Rule will not actually calculate any date.

Hope this is clear. It's probably the only feature (creating a Task with no rule) where the old Motif GUI is easier to use...

Michel