Clarity

• 1.  Give permissions through OBS

Posted Nov 24, 2017 10:07 AM

Hi,

I want to know how can I do to restrict the display of data using OBS permissions. There are some instructions to do that?

Regards,

Cira

• 2.  Re: Give permissions through OBS
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 24, 2017 12:16 PM

The documentation about rights is

https://docops.ca.com/ca-ppm/15-3/en/administration/configure-authentication-and-security/configure-user-accounts-and-ac… 

The normal use of the OBS rights are similar to instance rights except that instead of a single instance the right is subjected to all instances associated with an OBS unit or the unit and eg descendant unit depending on the association mode.

The OBS rights can be give to an individual user or to a group or to an OBS unit.

A less frequent use is the last one where the rights are given to an OBS unit and any resource associated with that unit gets the right. The down side of that has been that a resource can only be associated to one unit in an OBS while a user can be a member of any number of units and have any number of rights assigned directly.

• 3.  Re: Give permissions through OBS

Posted Nov 24, 2017 01:20 PM

and the key thing about rights is that you can't restrict rights, you can only give rights - i.e. you have to not give rights out to resources you want to restrict access from