Service Virtualization

• 1.  MQ Virtualization using R\R pair

Posted Mar 29, 2018 11:46 AM

Hi, I'm trying to do MQ virtualiztion for the below scenario : 

1.Take the Request\Response pair dump from Env1

2. Plan is to use these Req\Response pair to Queues in different environment Env2

Question : 

1. Will the above scenario works - using req\res from one environment(Env1) to another environment(Env2)

2. As we are not planning for the recording, Do we still need proxy queues to be setup or can we configure these req\res pairs to the same live Queues in Env2 while "creating VSI from Req\Res pair"

• 2.  Re: MQ Virtualization using R\R pair
    Best Answer

Posted Mar 29, 2018 12:49 PM

> 1. Will the above scenario works - using req\res from one environment(Env1) to another environment(Env2)

Yes, you can use RR pairs to generate a virtual service against any environment you like, assuming the application in Env2 behave the same as the one in Env1.  Connection and queue parameters are provided when you generate the service.

> 2. As we are not planning for the recording, Do we still need proxy queues to be setup or can we configure these req\res pairs to the same live Queues in Env2 while "creating VSI from Req\Res pair"

You can omit proxy queues and generate your VS against the live queues.  However, note that when you do that you can't run the original service on those same queues.  It will conflict with the virtual service.  Also, execution modes like pass-through, fail-over, and stand-in are not available without proxy queues.

• 3.  Re: MQ Virtualization using R\R pair

Posted Mar 29, 2018 03:31 PM

Thank you Mike, 

I would like to skip the proxy queues at this point for the quick POC. 

Once i selected the Req\Res files folder location and hit configure button Im displayed wiht the below screen and I see options for Proxy request and Live Request - in my case I would like to go with the live queues(instead of proxy) but I see Live Request Queue selection dropdown is disable. Any idea why this is disabled.

• 4.  Re: MQ Virtualization using R\R pair

Posted Mar 29, 2018 04:03 PM

It's just a definition thing. 

The "Proxy" queues are defined as what your VS uses to communicate with your client application.

The "Live" queues are defined as what the live service is running on. 

If you don't want to run the live service, then you generate your VS using just the "Proxy" queues.  These "Proxy" queues can be whatever you want, including the queues your live service usually runs on.  But because the live service is not running on those queues, and because they are being used by the VS to communicate with the client, they are called "Proxy" queues.  Trust me, this is the least confusing way to name things.