Layer7 API Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Can someone provide steps to publish API to developers/consumers via Portal?

• 1.  Can someone provide steps to publish API to developers/consumers via Portal?

Posted Dec 21, 2016 12:05 PM

Can someone please provide steps to publish API to developers/consumers via Portal?

As per my understanding  below are sequence of steps to publish APIs to developers:

1. Register as a New User and approve the registration request from Admin user.
    2. Login to Portal with new credentials and create Application under Organization (Select API Groups/APIs to subscribe).
    3. Approve the Application request from Admin user.
    4. To make APIs available in portal add ‘Set as Portal Managed’ assertion to the API policy from Policy manager. 
    5. Check the API pending Approval list and find the published API. Approve the request.
    6. Assign Plan to API.
    7. Now API should be available for developers to consume using OAuth.

I have followed above steps but API is not available for the developer. Am I missing anything in there? 

I think something is missing between step 6 and 7. 

Any quick response would be appreciated. 

Regards

Kareem

• 2.  Re: Can someone provide steps to publish API to developers/consumers via Portal?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 22, 2016 03:06 AM

What you are missing is that a developer has to create an application which uses the API.

See Consume Published APIs - CA API Developer Portal - 3.5 - CA Technologies Documentation  for more details