DX Unified Infrastructure Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Tying a simple clear string to an alert string using logmon probe v3.90/UIM v8.5.1

• 1.  Tying a simple clear string to an alert string using logmon probe v3.90/UIM v8.5.1

Posted Oct 13, 2017 10:17 AM

How to setup a basic alert and clear with logmon probe v3.90 using UIM v8.5.1.

I was hoping to get step by step procedures for tying a clear string to an alert string using logmon (logwatcher) probe.

e.g.

Log file to watch:      /tmp/myFile.log

Alert string:              "Error in console"

Clear string:             "No Error in console"

Nothing more to it, very basic.

I think I need to be working with the variables section to make a clear but from the articles I have found they don't explain what I'm trying to do very clear, or maybe I'm just looking at the wrong docs. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks.

#logmon#probe#logwatcher#logmonConfiguration

• 2.  Re: Tying a simple clear string to an alert string using logmon probe v3.90/UIM v8.5.1
    Best Answer

Posted Oct 13, 2017 11:16 AM

jjufer13 The little trick I use to automatically clear alarms is using the same suppression key. For example when we integrated CA Workload Automation Autosys events into UIM we have a watcher that looks for failed jobs. Those would open a MAJOR alarm with suppression key (Watcher Rules > Alarm) of "WAAE: Job state". When the job runs successfully we would capture that event with a watcher with the same suppression key of "WAAE: Job state" but the alarm severity would be to CLEAR. 

The matching SUPRRESSION KEY with the CLEAR from the same SOURCE and ROBOT will automatically close the failure alarm.

Hope this helps.

• 3.  Re: Tying a simple clear string to an alert string using logmon probe v3.90/UIM v8.5.1

Posted Oct 17, 2017 09:48 AM

Much appreciated, worked like a charm. Thanks again!