DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Cluster probe usage to monitor windows cluster in CA UIM

Posted Jan 29, 2018 05:17 AM

Hi,

I have added the nodes of a cluster in CA UIM as individual hosts and monitor them with CDM,SQL probe and also ping monitoring for the host.
    Now we have the requirement to monitor the windows and SQL cluster as well of the nodes.

My query is how can we achieve that using CAUIM cluster probe.

Do we need to install the cluster probe on all the three nodes of the cluster or on any one of them.

Secondly, with the cluster probe can we also monitor the SQL database cluster as well?

Please let me know

Thanks,

Ayush

• 2.  Re: Cluster probe usage to monitor windows cluster in CA UIM
    Best Answer

Posted Jan 29, 2018 05:32 PM

Yes, you need to have the cluster probe installed on all the nodes which are part of the cluster . Cluster probe also supports the sqlserver probe .Please see below 

cluster (Clustered Environment Monitoring) Release Notes - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies… 

• 3.  Re: Cluster probe usage to monitor windows cluster in CA UIM

Posted Mar 19, 2019 01:51 AM

We have 3 node cluster for windows and SQL DB, is this possible to monitor cdm & SQL probes for this 3 node cluster?

• 4.  Re: Cluster probe usage to monitor windows cluster in CA UIM

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Mar 19, 2019 09:07 AM

There are limitations on the supported cluster node configurations that differ depending on the probes you wish to use for monitoring shared resources.  For example, the cdm probe can be configured to monitoring shared disk resources on the following 2 cluster node configurations:

• Active/Passive
    • N+1 node cluster

Other probes, like ntservices and sqlserver are only supported on the following cluster node configurations:

• 2-node Active/Passive
    • N+1 node clusters if the profile names are unique

For a complete list of supported cluster configurations that are required for probes supported by the cluster probe see the cluster (Clustered Environment Monitoring) Release Notes -> Supported Probes Wiki page.