Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Oracle Access Manager Customized Assertion

Posted Dec 05, 2017 01:47 PM

Hi All,

We are using the Custom Assertion to use OAM service but after installing all the files as given in the docs, now I am getting an error while starting the Service. the error screenshot is here . Basically its not starting the service with localhost. Is it something missing on the ObAccessClient.xml or I need to configure on Gateway. Your comments are really appreciated. 

• 2.  Re: Oracle Access Manager Customized Assertion

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2017 02:05 PM

There is an ORS service that is installed and started when the OAM assertion is installed that will listen on a localhost port for traffic from the Gateway. Did you restart whole gateway server after you installed the OAM assertion?

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 3.  Re: Oracle Access Manager Customized Assertion

Posted Dec 05, 2017 02:39 PM

yes, I did restart the gateway. I can see the assertion on policy manager but when I check the status of ors service , it says "not started" and when I try to restart the service ,I get the above error complaining about "localhost" . Do I need to make any changes ?

• 4.  Re: Oracle Access Manager Customized Assertion
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2017 03:07 PM

Please can you provide the version of gateway you are running, form factor being used (VMware OVA, AMI, Software, etc)  and the filename of the OAM RPM. I would also validate that the /etc/hosts file has entries for localhost.

127.0.0.1   localhost localhost.localdomain localhost4 localhost4.localdomain4
    ::1         localhost localhost.localdomain localhost6 localhost6.localdomain6

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 5.  Re: Oracle Access Manager Customized Assertion

Posted Dec 06, 2017 10:11 AM

Hi Stephen

Looks like my /etc/hosts was corrupted. fixed it and now ORS is running fine. Thanks for your help.