DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Graph resolution on Webview is not working

• 1.  Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Posted May 18, 2017 10:43 AM

Hello,
    I`ve created a Dashborad which Works ok on the Workstation but on the Webview is not working.
    What I am trying to do is to configure one hour resolution on a String Viewer data viewer. But this problem occurs on every data viewer.
    My EM version is 10.5.1.8 with the HF9 applyed.

Below is the dashboard that i`ve created.

On Workstation

On Webview

Thanks in advance

Thiago Anate

• 2.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 08:26 AM

Hello Thiago

All the  Graphs are showing data  , only difference I can see is the  1st and 3rd screenshot 

3rd screenshot the webview one showing online extra where as workstation have only one line

but you said workstation working fine 

Can you please give more details what exactly you are facing  and make sure you compare

the data from same time frame ..

Thanks

• 3.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 09:13 AM

Actually all 4 graphs have the same number of lines, 3.  

Only difference is on the graph on the bottom of both screenshots, the Caution line and metric line are both at 0.  

The other difference I see is that the time difference.  On Workstation you go from 11:37:00 to 11:44:00 and on WebView you go from 11:30:15 to 11:38:15.

• 4.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Posted May 19, 2017 09:47 AM

Hi Olympia,

First, thanks the reply.

I'll try to be more specific. What my custmer want me to do is to create a dashboard with 3 information.

The first is show accumulated errors of the last hours (represented on the String Viewer graph).

The second graph shows the live erros, the resolution is 15 second on every data point.

The third graph shows the live stall count.The problem is on the Webview. When i set it up the String Viewer with one hour resolution it does not apply, but on the workstation works fine. I'' send you another screenshot on the same period.

This picture show the same dashboard on the both console, on the left side is on the Workstation and the right side is the Webview. (I circled the graph with the problem)

Thank you for your attention.

Thiago Anate

• 5.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 10:31 AM

If you put Workstation into historical mode, does the value also go to 0?  String Viewer metrics will show live but will show "no data" when put into historical mode.  Can you verify if this is what you are doing?

• 6.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Posted May 19, 2017 10:57 AM

Hi musma,

Yes, when I put on historical mode the String Viewer show "no data"

But the point is they will not use this dashboard in historical mode, only live mode, that's why I have to put the error from last hour on the same dashboard with the last 8 min graphs.

Thank you musma

Thiago Anate

• 7.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 11:08 AM

Hi Thiago,

I have verified this on my own 10.5.1 environment.  Workstation is allowing you to stay Live and change the Resolution.  In WebView, the only way to change the resolution is to go to Historical mode.  

Thanks,
    Matt

• 8.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Posted May 19, 2017 11:26 AM

Hi Matt,

Thank you for the answer.

So this is a limitation of the WebView?

Do you have any suggestion how to work around this issue?

Thanks

Thiago Anate

• 9.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 11:31 AM

Hi Thiago,

Yes it is a limitation on WebView.

The only workaround is to use Workstation, or use the standard resolution in Live view on WebView.

My other suggestion would be to create an Idea on the community here to have the same functionality added into WebView.  This way our Product Management can review it.

Thanks,

Matt

• 10.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Posted May 19, 2017 11:45 AM

Thank you Matt

I'll do that.

Thiago Anate

• 11.  Re: Graph resolution on Webview is not working

Broadcom Employee
    Posted May 19, 2017 11:20 AM

Dear Thiago:

Matt explained why you are seeing this behavior. Marking ans answered. You may ask followup questions as needed.