I want to use ESM and GMU but can someone please tell whats the benefits of GMU over ESM. Also as per my experience ESM is useful for Reporting but GMU I am not sure.
Also i heard GMU is going release in GUI Mode very soon. Any idea when they are palnning to release and what are the fetures they are going to add.
Sorry for asking multiple quetions
As per the community post below, I agree with Joe, that its a personal choice.
I don’t think that you need to choose one over the other as they can work together:
ESM – Does this well:
- Manage the uptime of each node within your environment – notify you when its gone down and when it’s come back up
- Manage the hardware on each node – Alert when you get close to a certain threshold (programmed by you) of hardware resources. CPU, RAM, HDU…
- Report on each API and node – create a pdf for all reorts on your environments api’s
o Success and Failure within the last minute, hour, 24 hour, month
GMU – Gateway Migration Utility
- Command Line tool that allows you to export, import, list, etc, of one environments APIs / services / fragments / environment dependencies (ie., cluster wide properties, pki, jdbc, ldap, etc.) .
- The GMU will bundle up a service, folder or all services from one environment and have the ability to upload to a code repository and then import into the next environment.
- The GMU uses the restman service on the gateway, which exposes the gateway as a restful API.
Hope this helps.
Principal Consultant, CA API Management Presales
Email = Derek.Orr@ca.com<mailto:Derek.Orr@ca.com>
CA API Management Community: https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-api-management-community