Clarity

• 1.  Attribute Listing

Posted Jul 05, 2017 11:25 AM

Is there a way to a see a list of ALL attributes for all objects without having to go into each object?   I ask because I'm looking for the project manager attribute that is showing on our project summary page, but it's not listed in the list of attributes for the project object, BUT it's accessible in the view for the project summary page.   

If there is not a way to see all of the attributes for all of the projects, can you guide me to what object the project manager attribute should be found?

• 2.  Re: Attribute Listing

Posted Jul 05, 2017 11:54 AM

Project Manager is INV_INVESTMENTS.MANAGER_ID (which is a lookup to a resource) - i.e. the MANAGER attribute on the PROJECT object.

But I don't know what your "Project Summary Page" is, so its possible (maybe unlikely) that it is some custom field - if you needed to  trace where that comes from you should start with what is being displayed on the page and work back to its source I would think (rather than starting at the object and trying to guess).

The data-model is documented to a limited extent in the system technical reference documentation (including ERDs for some areas), but there is no "all attributes everywhere" listing as far as I know. You could query the database itself for columns but not all application "attributes" map simply to database columns - it can get quite complicated in some areas.

• 3.  Re: Attribute Listing

Posted Jul 12, 2017 03:26 PM

To add to David, if its an editable field, you can inspect the element to get the input name value which corresponds to the attribute id (in this example on the normal project list page, its "manager_id_caption", with "manager_id" being the attribute name, and "caption" being your hint that its a lookup. Its possible the field name has just been renamed and what you see on the portlet isn't how it is listed on the object attributes list page, so searching by ID instead could help

• 4.  Re: Attribute Listing