Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Usage report using Dashboard

Posted Jan 23, 2017 11:30 PM

Hi Team,

Is there any way ,we can generate report from the dashboard we see in our policy manger.As of now ,we are making reports manually.I want to automate it.Can you please guide on this.Which are the tables we can use to extract the dashboard details and where are they by default located.

• 2.  Re: Usage report using Dashboard

Posted Jan 25, 2017 04:03 AM

Hi SoniaMehta , 

We do not have mechanisms by which to generate reports from the dashboard. The only thing I am aware of, is of a tactical assertion that gathers stats by using the metrics sub-system (which is what the dashboard does) and then generates reports via XML, Xpath, XLST etc., all via policy. Bottom line though, this functionality does not exist, so maybe one for the ‘ideas’

Feel free to raise a case with CA support to get the tactical assertion.

Regards

Seenu Mathew

• 3.  Re: Usage report using Dashboard

Posted Jan 25, 2017 04:31 AM

Hi Seenu Mathew,

Thank you so much for your reply.But can you specifyy what all details we can get of dashboard using that assertion.

What all is pre-requisite to implement it.

• 4.  Re: Usage report using Dashboard

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:28 AM

What is the data you are trying to get from the dashboard? Service Statistics or other? And how are you doing this manually?

You can poll this via snmp, and there is also a snmp tactical assertion to prevent data shift on the SNMP oids. Its probably best to understand what data you are trying to get to provide the best alternative.

Charlie.

• 5.  Re: Usage report using Dashboard

Posted Jan 25, 2017 09:33 AM

There are some metrics you can get by using the tactical assertion Gateway Metrics. Please raise a case with CA support to get access to it. 

• 6.  Re: Usage report using Dashboard

Posted Jan 26, 2017 05:13 AM

Hi SoniaMehta,

I can extract many infortions that you see in dashboard through the service_metrics tables in ssg database.

I hope that help you.

Regards

Matheus

• 7.  Re: Usage report using Dashboard

Posted Feb 13, 2019 12:48 PM

Hi SoniaMehta,

We are also looking a solution for the same problem which you have raised in this community.And if possible can you help us with the solution you have found regarding this issue.I.e (Did you found the table which has all the parameter in the dashboard.)If you know the information regarding that please let us know.

Thanks&Regards,

Venkata Goketi