Rally Software

• 1.  Has anyone found a custom app that would function as a Program Board using Scaled Agile Frameworks for Program Increments?

Posted Oct 24, 2016 05:12 PM

Essentially looking for a custom board with iterations (x axis) and available teams under a parent workspace (y axis) with the ability to drag and drop features. Optimally, we would also be able to draw lines connecting dependencies. Similar to the attached image. 

• 2.  Re: Has anyone found a custom app that would function as a Program Board using Scaled Agile Frameworks for Program Increments?

Posted Oct 25, 2016 07:55 AM

Is there a reason that you're not using Release Tracking for this? That's precisely what we use as our SAFe program board. You don't drag and drop features in Release Tracking, their positions in the grid are determined by the stories under them and the teams assigned to those stories. The dependency display methods still have room for improvement and we keep physical program boards for each value stream and release train for visibility but Release tracking works quite well for us. Hope that helps.

• 3.  Re: Has anyone found a custom app that would function as a Program Board using Scaled Agile Frameworks for Program Increments?

Posted Oct 25, 2016 11:19 AM

Thank you! The main reason is that we haven't started our SAFe implementation yet and I'm doing the initial investigation into ways to translate a physical program board into a virtual tool. I was hoping that we would be able to drag/drop the features similar to capacity planning but with the dependencies area. However, I agree, the Release Tracking tool seems like the best solution as of now.

Thank you for the help!

• 4.  Re: Has anyone found a custom app that would function as a Program Board using Scaled Agile Frameworks for Program Increments?

Posted Jun 22, 2017 04:33 PM

The Release Tracking board is too cluttered,  It does give a good view of percentage completed but, I dont want to see all stories features and when the stories are planned.  The Program board would show when Features complete linked to milestones and linking dependencies.    AC does not have anything like this currently that I am aware of, I am searching for something but have been unsuccessful.   It would be nice if we could get this added to the AC backlog as this is a pretty industry standard view.