CA Service Management

Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (February 2016)

• 1.  Chat Transcript - CA Service Management Office Hours: A Live Online Chat (February 2016)

Posted Feb 12, 2016 11:49 AM

Miss the February Service Management Office Hours - Online Chat? Check out what you missed below and be sure to join us in March for the next session!

from Chris Hackett (CA) to Everyone:

We will be starting in about 10 minutes. Thank you for joining!

Hi everyone we will be starting shortly! Thank you for joining.

from Sam Grace to Everyone:

Good morning

from Ana Carolina to Everyone:

Hi everyone

Please go ahead and ask any questions of the team!

I would like to set a doubt as to the operation of the LDAP integration and tools. To correct me if I'm wrong, but I have to integrate user repository in CA EEM and reflect this setting in Service Desk or do direct the Service Desk?

from Sally to Everyone:

We have a scoreboard issue.  One query we are using runs fine the first time, but gets an error when trying to sort by a different column.

from Derek Cavour to Everyone:

Good morning.  We’ve seen numerous improvements in the UX with the USS model.  However, this appears to be limited in functionality when compared to the service catalog application.  Specifically, we are unable to implement USS, as my end-users/approvers cannot use USS for approvals.  When will this functionality be added?

from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone:

@Sally - are you sorting on a custom column or OOTB column?  We might need a CA Support ticket to further diagnose

from vinod (CA) to Everyone:

@ Ana:   Is that you wanted to integrate SDM with LDAP and also wanted EEM for authentication

from Sally to Everyone:

It actually fails even if you don't sort, sorting is how we found it--but it fails if you select Show Filter and then Search even if you don't change anything.

@Vinod: I just want a way to integrate my AD and my users can log into SDM

from Paul Coccimiglio to Everyone:

@Sally - thanks for the clarification.  Please open a CA Support ticket and provide the .HIS file from the CA SDM server, screenshot of the error and a copy of the NX_ROOT\LOG folder after reproducing the error

from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Everyone - Good  morning! If you are not following CA Service Management 'Hampi' validation already, you may want to register here - https://validate.ca.com/callout/?callid={D3C08DBB-B12E-4E35-A955-405C5F71D43A}. You can view the recording of previous end of sprint demo's, and find schedule for future events once signed up.

@ Ana: you could  directly configure SDM to LDAP options, and under Access type set the authentication type to "Use OS Authentication".

from Avneesh Bhatnagar (CA) to Everyone:

@Derek USS today provides for the business users in the supervisory capacity who need to approve requests. They can do that from the requests listed as pending in USS

from Sally to Everyone:

@Paul, thanks.  Will do.

@ Vinod: Can you explain more about that?

@ Vinod: I am a very both insecure and would like a way to transport my AD users to turn users the service desk

@Avneesh, thank you.

@ Ana:   please find this article on how to configure LDAP option:  https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/administering/configuring-ca-service-desk-manager/configuring-user-accounts/how-to-integrate-ca-sdm-with-ldap

@Vinod: Thank you

@ Ana: once it is configured fine, just you have to run pdm_ldap_import to import users from AD to SDM at one shot .

Any more questions for the team? We are here to help.

In additional to the standard Approval/Rejection pending action handling in USS, can USS be used for other (custom) pending actions in the approval or fulfillment status code ranges?  And if so are we limited to only an approve and reject option for those actions?

@ Vinod: As the catalog or other common component, I would have to use EEM as a repository for my users are there, right?

@ Ana: yes if your using other common component, then you have to use EEM for SDM. still steps would be same. however you have to configure security option in SDM point to EEM , and set Authentication type to use EEM.

Does anyone on here use Process Automation?  We are not using SDM, but PA instead.

We use PA

@Derek:  So we are in project phase 1, and are gathering requirements for installation of the two products.  Did you install and configure Service Catalog and Process Automation?

@ Vinod: The integration of the IDM with the common components, the EEM logs everything to the same repository?

@Sam, yes.   We installed prior to v14.  So we manually installed PA first then SC.

from Rajeev Kumar (CA) to Everyone:

@Derek - USS enables approval of request in the same fashion as that of Service Catalog interface. The approval screen includes a drop-down of consisting of approval statuses, from which a status can be picked and the request can be subsequently saved.

@Derek:  Ok, nice.  Yeah, we are under the impression that we must install Service Catalog first, and then Process Automation, which appears to be the opposite order from your installation.

@Sam.  W have had better luck with installing PA first.  But there are some integration steps once both products are installed.  Connect with me offline and I can guide you if needed.

@Rajeev, thank you

@Derek:  We are installing Service Catalog 14 and Process Automation 4.3.  Can you give us any good tips to keep in mind when installing these products or let us know of any 'bumps in the road' that you may have encountered upon your install?

@Derek:  Ok, sounds good.  How do I "connect with you online"?

@Sam.  I have not used that installer for those versions yet, but I can help with the integration if you need it.

@Sam, connect with me on the communities.  We'll follow up from there

@Derek:  Gotya

from Alexis to Everyone:

Hi All.   We successfully upgraded from SDM 12.9 to 14.1.2 a couple of weeks ago.   A few small bumps, but the upgrade went very well.   Had a lot of issues with IE Enterprise Mode and traffic through our loadbalancers.    Happy to share our experience if anyone has this config

Someone has the full SDM solution with these integrations working?

from Raghu Rudraraju (CA) to Everyone:

@Sam/Derek,   from 14.1 installation aspect,   it is our recommendation to install Common Components (PAM/EEM/CABI) first  and then install the point products (Catalog/SDM/ITAM)  next

@Ana:   Yes  EEM logs everything to the same repository.

Yes, EE first

EEM

@Alexis, thank you for sharing your upgrade experience.

from Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone:

@Sam - while you can integrate Catalog and PAM at any time, if you are installing a new 14.1 environment I would recommend installing PAM first to allow the 14.1 common installer to carry out the integration as Raghu mentioned. Check out the following if you have not already:

from Jason Wolfe (CA) to Everyone:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1

@ALL:  So From our understanding, Service Catalog was to be installed first along with EEM.  From there, Process Automation would be installed next.  Is this not correct?

@ Vinod: Thank you! This is helping me a lot. When I tried to integrate for the first time, the test user who was in the MES could not log into the SDM. What could have happened?

@ Vinod, sorry, is *EEM

Best to do EEM first, then PAM, then SC then a few teaks for finalize the integrations

@Derek:  We thought EEM and SC were installed together?

@Derek:  After these two were installed, then proceed with Process Automation.

@Derek:  Rather, are you advising to install EEM and PAM together, then proceed with SC?

@Ana: Its Simple , you have to find the default users in EEM, and check if those users exist in SDM. if not then you have to create that user. When you set EEM for Authentication, SDM will Send user Details to EEM for approval token.   In other words, Users should be available in both EEM & SDM.

@Sam, I have not used the v14 installer on a new install and would have to defer to the experts on how well that works.  If you are installing separately, install EEM first, then PAM then SC.

@Ana:  You may Login to Communities and post your Queries. We shall provide you all the details & Articles.

@ Ana: You may also log a support case.

Does anyone have any final questions for the team?

good day everyone, bye now

Thank  you everyone for joining today. Please visit us in the communities!