CA Service Management

• 1.  AHD05376: The '' contact did not receive a notification

Posted Oct 10, 2016 01:00 PM

SYSTEM:

SDM 14.1.02

Windows 2008 R2 / SQL 2014

1 Primary / 1 Secondary

BACKGROUND:

We have in the system setup for inbound email to update a ticket as shown here:

SDM - Take action if Log Comment is 'Created By' Customer 

along with the definition of a Custom Log activity for email as shown here:

How to prevent an email notifications for a "Created Via Email" Activity.

There are notifications active for 'Log Comment' to both Group and Customer.

This is working as long as the contacts are configured correctly as to email address and notification method.  All new contacts have Email as their default notification method and all Groups require an email address - even if it is a dummy.

ISSUE:

We have one group which is configured correctly - there are no missing emails addresses and all notification methods are set to Email.  However, whenever any activity is created which would cause a notification to this group, we immediately get a series of error message is both stdlog and activity log:

////////////////////////////

///////////////////////////

This activity is causing the Update Status macro to fire - even though this is logged as System_AHD_Generated and not the customer.  So, for example, if the ticket is change to Resolved and this sends a notification to the group, these errors get posted to the activity log and this triggers the Update Status to change it back to 'Customer Replied'.

The workaround to disable the no email address / notification via NX.env does not affect this as those only apply to stdlog.

I've completely rebuilt the group membership and checked via SQL - there are no empty rows in the links between the group and the members.  There are no other groups which have this issue - so I am concentrating on the group / membership definitions.

Any ideas where I can troubleshoot this?  I already have a support issue open.

Regards,

J.W.

• 2.  Re: AHD05376: The '' contact did not receive a notification

• 3.  Re: AHD05376: The '' contact did not receive a notification

Posted Oct 19, 2016 07:58 AM

Thanks, Brian.

Sorry, I thought I responded sooner but it was still in Draft.

Unfortunately, none of these help in resolving the issue or provide clues as to additional troubleshooting.

We already take steps to prevent the scenarios of email address not matching the notification method and this group has been double checked.  All notification methods are set to Email and all contacts - Group and Group Members - have email addresses.

However, it now appears the mailbox on Exchange/Office 365 is not set to force incoming email to text only.  The other mailboxes are forced to text.  I have asked they do the same for this mailbox and we will retest.

J.W.

• 4.  Re: AHD05376: The '' contact did not receive a notification

Posted Oct 18, 2016 05:24 PM

Hi J_W - Did Brian_Mathato's response help answer your question? If so please Mark Correct. Thanks!

• 5.  Re: AHD05376: The '' contact did not receive a notification

Posted Oct 19, 2016 07:59 AM

Thanks for the reminder, Chris.  I thought I had responded the same day but I left the response in Draft.

J.W.