I have this challenge with my mail eater functionality.
It was working then suddenly stopped. I checked the account and can login to email with the web client. Any assistance will be appreciated
N.B I keep getting TLS connection to POP3 while my configuration is for IMAP. Any ideas?
Details of error below
Version: SDM 14.1
Email: outlook (on premise not office365)
Default mailbox configuration
The error seems to indicate to me that
a) the cert file helpdesk.cer file does not have all the needed certificates (the whole certificate chain) to the server heimail01.heiway.net (see the suggested approach here: [12.9] TLS / SSL at Google Mail Accounts )
b) OR the certificate chain is correct, but the certificate was issued to a different name other than heimail01.heiway.net (ex: the certificate was given to mail.heiway.net or *.heiway.net but SDM's trying to connect to heimail01.heiway.net and the TLS layer is giving an error because the certificate name does not match). There's an idea on this matter: Maileater to support wild card SSL certificates
Hopefully your error is about (a) above. Check out the suggested approach on the same listed above, and maybe that'll help you resolve the error
I have recreated the certifica yet the error persists,
Any reason why the mail is using POP3 "9590 Imap Mail: TLS Connection to POP3 Server: heimail01.heiway.net at Port:" instead of the configured IMAP in the default mailbox settings?
The error is a bit misleading in this case. Sadly, it is a Logging mistake.
We're spitting out wrong log information, it is being logged as "POP3 Server" in the section of code which is for connection to IMAP4.
I removed the “USE TLS” option and it stopped prompting for CA certificate path, instead it is displayed the error below
03/30 10:10:37.35 SERVICE_DESK pdm_maileater_nxd 6968 ERROR pdm_maileater_nxd.c 8523 Authentication failed using (Clear) for IMAP Server on Port 143
03/30 10:10:37.36 SERVICE_DESK pdm_maileater_nxd 6968 ERROR pdm_maileater_nxd.c 9616 Imap Mail:Authentication failed using (Clear): Command received in Invalid state.
03/30 10:10:37.37 SERVICE_DESK pdm_maileater_nxd 6968 ERROR pdm_maileater_nxd.c 5003 Mailbox 100 (HelpDeskNbplc@heimail01.heiway.net/Inbox) produced error during Mail Poll.
As you have unchecked the Use TLS option, maileater is trying to connect using clear text methodology and is not able to authenticate because the mail server is denying you the connection.
I suggest you raise a support case for one of the engineers to help out on this a bit.
Ok thanks will do
We had issues with the maileater in the past after our smtp security and port usage was changed in our exchange environment.
Issues remain even after upgrade SDM to 14.1
After all I found the root cause to our problem in researching following CA Support technical documents:
TEC1867631 Unable to connect Maileater to mail server via SSL Port 995
TEC1911912 Connecting Maileater to Office 365 Mail
TEC1701083 Using MS Office 365 with SDM Maileater functionality.
Save the root certificate from the post-login page as a base 64 encoded .cer file, and copy it to the primary server
SDM 14.1, Windows/Linux environment, connecting to a mail server over POP3/IMAP on SSL Port 995
Maileater (even in SDM 14.1) cannot use ports 993 and 995.
For Maileater and Service Desk, the correct port to use is port 110 or 143 for TLS.
Port 995 for SSL is not supported for Maileater.
The reason is because Maileater is designed to initiate a non secure based connection, then start a TLS connection.
In our exchange environment we cannot use port 110 but 143 and TLS MUST be used.
Maileater worked again after defining the following in SVD/Administration – Email – Mailboxes settings:
Hope this helps,