DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  CA AM 10 duplicate Service configuration problem

Posted Aug 16, 2015 12:28 PM

Hello CA Communities,

When I migrate to APM 10 had this error en MOM logs:

8/16/15 10:37:22.513 AM PET [ERROR] [Thread-1770] [Manager.com.timestock.tess.services.tim.TimIoSubThread] enable monitor: exception processing monitor 700000000000000359

org.hibernate.NonUniqueResultException: query did not return a unique result: 2

at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueElement(AbstractQueryImpl.java:813)

at org.hibernate.impl.AbstractQueryImpl.uniqueResult(AbstractQueryImpl.java:804)

at com.timestock.tess.services.tim.TimIo.initChildServices(TimIo.java:1060)

at com.timestock.tess.services.tim.TimIo.enable(TimIo.java:1009)

at com.timestock.tess.services.tim.TimIo$EnableMonitorThread.perform(TimIo.java:3701)

at com.timestock.tess.services.tim.TimIoSubThread.run(TimIoSubThread.java:74)

8/16/15 10:37:23.132 AM PET [INFO] [btpool0-79] [Manager.com.timestock.tess.services.tim.TimIoSubThread] enable monitor: updated monitor 700000000000000359

And Services configuration had a duplicate EM's by Service:

services.png

Any suggest please !

Aldo !

• 2.  Re: CA AM 10 duplicate Service configuration problem
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2015 05:01 PM

Hello,

From the error and service configuration UI It looks like the ts_monitor_child_service table has duplicate entries for each service.

For this type of problem the best resolution is normally to:?

- shutdown all EMs in the cluster

- in the APM DB backup table ts_entity & then drop all its rows (will in turn drop all rows from dependent table ts_monitor_child_service) i.e. run SQL "delete from ts_entity" followed by a "commit"

- start MOM and then the Collectors in turn, beginning with the EM you want to assign to the TIM Collection Service

Hope this helps

Lynn

• 3.  Re: CA AM 10 duplicate Service configuration problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 16, 2015 05:47 PM

I am not online. There are 1  or 2 KBs that outline these seven steps as well

Hal German

• 4.  Re: CA AM 10 duplicate Service configuration problem

• 5.  Re: CA AM 10 duplicate Service configuration problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2015 04:19 AM

I had this with a customer last week, the stack trace was very similar, some of the previous kBs relate to ts_settings table but this was something else.

The ts_entity_service had six rows (duplicated) one set linked to MOM and one set linked to TIM Collector (customer intended to run all 3 CEM Services on the same collector)

All of the child services were linked to a completely different entity that didn't exist in the records (ts_entity)

However also, the entity service definitions for the TIM Collector didn't link to the actual service definition, but the set for the MOM did.

I'm not sure if deleting ts_entity fixes that scenario but I can probably replicate it again to see if it would.

• 6.  Re: CA AM 10 duplicate Service configuration problem

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Aug 17, 2015 03:49 PM

IMHO there should be an option in the import if the EM services and TIM monitors should be imported, too. For in place upgrade yes; if any server name or role changes, then no!

Ciao,

Guenter